Title and statement of responsibility area
Parish of the Northern Pontiac (Anglican), Quebec fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA ON00006 2 G3&2 L57&2 N4832&6C2 C1B
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
62 cm of textual records Parish registers fragile.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The Parish of the Northern Pontiac consists of six churches. Tradition suggests that Holy Trinity Church in Alleyne (Danford Lake) was built in 1864 on land donated by Mr. H. Heeney. Trinity Church, Leslie (Otter Lake) was built of logs in 1865 and the second church of St. James', Otter Lake was consecrated in 1888. The cornerstone for St. James', Wright was laid in 1882 and was consecrated three years later. Work was begun on St. George's, Thorne Centre in 1883 and the church was officially opened in 1894. The erection of a church building in Maniwaki began in 1901 and Christ Church was opened at Easter 1903. By 1903, the Mission of Campbell's Bay was established and construction of St. George's Church was begun.
Scope and content
Fonds consists of records of the activities of the Parish of the Northern Pontiac in Quebec. It includes parish registers, 1864-1992, vestry records, 1971-1974, records of committees and organizations including central parish council, financial records, property records, special services and events material, correspondence, newsletters, and other information materials.
Immediate source of acquisition
Donated at various times by clergy, parish officers, parishioners, and staff of the Parish of the Northern Pontiac.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Parish registers after 1930 available only to family members.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Photocopying of original registers is not permitted. Use of records for publication, either whole or in part, requires permission of the archivist.
Index to parish registers. Database available for index to parish registers. Index for other parish records. "Guide to the Holdings of the Ecclesiastical Province of Ontario"
Further accruals are expected.
Originals and photocopies available for the 1888-1964 and 1916-1953 parish registers.
Bound photocopies of 1914-1930 and 1902-1944 parish registers on acid-free paper.