Parish of Fitzroy Harbour (Fitzroy Harbour, Ont.)

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Parish of Fitzroy Harbour (Fitzroy Harbour, Ont.)

Parallel form(s) of name

    Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

      Other form(s) of name

        Identifiers for corporate bodies

        Description area

        Dates of existence


        The Parish of Fitzroy Harbour presently consists of two churches and formerly included a third. St. George's, Fitzroy Harbour dates from the donation of land for the church in 1852. A frame church was being used at Torbolton (later called Woodlawn) by 1874. Services were held for a congregation at Fitzroy 9th Line from 1867 and St. Paul's, 9th Line/Fitzroy Harbour was a part of the parish until it was secularized in 1992.


        Legal status

        Functions, occupations and activities

        Mandates/sources of authority

        Internal structures/genealogy

        General context

        Relationships area

        Access points area

        Subject access points

        Place access points


        Control area

        Authority record identifier

        Institution identifier

        Rules and/or conventions used


        Level of detail

        Dates of creation, revision and deletion




            Maintenance notes