Parish of Fitzroy Harbour (Fitzroy Harbour, Ont.)

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Parish of Fitzroy Harbour (Fitzroy Harbour, Ont.)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence


The Parish of Fitzroy Harbour presently consists of two churches and formerly included a third. St. George's, Fitzroy Harbour dates from the donation of land for the church in 1852. A frame church was being used at Torbolton (later called Woodlawn) by 1874. Services were held for a congregation at Fitzroy 9th Line from 1867 and St. Paul's, 9th Line/Fitzroy Harbour was a part of the parish until it was secularized in 1992.


Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points


Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used


Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion




Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places