Title and statement of responsibility area
Parish of Fitzroy Harbour (Anglican), Ontario fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
24 cm of textual records Parish registers fragile.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The Parish of Fitzroy Harbour presently consists of two churches and formerly included a third. St. George's, Fitzroy Harbour dates from the donation of land for the church in 1852. A frame church was being used at Torbolton (later called Woodlawn) by 1874. Services were held for a congregation at Fitzroy 9th Line from 1867 and St. Paul's, 9th Line/Fitzroy Harbour was a part of the parish until it was secularized in 1992.
Scope and content
Fonds consists of parish registers, 1854-1986, and newsletters for the Parish of Fitzroy Harbour, Ontario.
Immediate source of acquisition
Donated at various times by clergy, parish officers, parishioners, and staff of the Parish of Fitzroy Harbour.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Parish registers after 1930 available only to family members.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Photocopying of original registers is not permitted. Use of records for publication, either whole or in part, requires permission of the archivist.
Index to parish registers. Database available for index to parish registers. Index for other parish records. "Guide to the Holdings of the Ecclesiastical Province of Ontario"
Further accruals are expected.
Bound photocopy of 1854-1925 parish register on acid-free paper.