Parish of Eganville (Eganville, Ont.)

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Parish of Eganville (Eganville, Ont.)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

The Parish of Eganville presently consists of three churches and formerly included one other. The first services in Eganville were held in 1854 and St. John's, Eganville was opened for services on Christmas Day, 1864. In 1890, Bishop John Travers Lewis visited Clontarf and held services in homes. Land was acquired for a church and St. Clement's, Clontarf was completed in 1892. By 1897, services in Killaloe were held every two weeks at the Union church which became Anglican by tenure and due to the departure of other denominations. In 1863, an Anglican congregation was organized in Lake Dore. St. Mark's, Lake Dore was erected in 1892, but later the congregation combined with Eganville and the church was closed in 1967. St. Mark's was secularized by Bishop William J. Robinson on October 27, 1971.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places