Title and statement of responsibility area
Parish of Eganville (Anglican), Ontario fonds
Algemene aanduiding van het materiaal
Title statements of responsibility
CA ON00006 2 A56&2 P37565
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
16 cm of textual records Parish registers fragile.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Naam van de archiefvormer
The Parish of Eganville presently consists of three churches and formerly included one other. The first services in Eganville were held in 1854 and St. John's, Eganville was opened for services on Christmas Day, 1864. In 1890, Bishop John Travers Lewis visited Clontarf and held services in homes. Land was acquired for a church and St. Clement's, Clontarf was completed in 1892. By 1897, services in Killaloe were held every two weeks at the Union church which became Anglican by tenure and due to the departure of other denominations. In 1863, an Anglican congregation was organized in Lake Dore. St. Mark's, Lake Dore was erected in 1892, but later the congregation combined with Eganville and the church was closed in 1967. St. Mark's was secularized by Bishop William J. Robinson on October 27, 1971.
Bereik en inhoud
Fonds consists of parish registers, 1897-2001, and newsletters for the Parish of Eganville.
Directe bron van verwerving
Donated at various times by clergy, parish officers, parishioners, and staff of the Parish of Eganville, Ontario.
Taal van het materiaal
Schrift van het materiaal
Plaats van originelen
Beschikbaarheid in andere opslagformaten
Restrictions on access
Parish registers after 1930 available only to family members.
Termen voor gebruik, reproductie en publicatie.
Photocopying of original registers is not permitted. Use of records for publication, either whole or in part, requires permission of the archivist.
Index to parish registers. Database available for index to parish registers. Index for other parish records. "Guide to the Holdings of the Ecclesiastical Province of Ontario"
Further accruals are expected.
Some early parish registers were destroyed by fire in 1911.