Fonds 2 A56&2 P37565 - Parish of Eganville (Anglican), Ontario fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Parish of Eganville (Anglican), Ontario fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description


Reference code

CA ON00006 2 A56&2 P37565

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area


  • 1897-2001 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

16 cm of textual records Parish registers fragile.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

The Parish of Eganville presently consists of three churches and formerly included one other. The first services in Eganville were held in 1854 and St. John's, Eganville was opened for services on Christmas Day, 1864. In 1890, Bishop John Travers Lewis visited Clontarf and held services in homes. Land was acquired for a church and St. Clement's, Clontarf was completed in 1892. By 1897, services in Killaloe were held every two weeks at the Union church which became Anglican by tenure and due to the departure of other denominations. In 1863, an Anglican congregation was organized in Lake Dore. St. Mark's, Lake Dore was erected in 1892, but later the congregation combined with Eganville and the church was closed in 1967. St. Mark's was secularized by Bishop William J. Robinson on October 27, 1971.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists of parish registers, 1897-2001, and newsletters for the Parish of Eganville.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Donated at various times by clergy, parish officers, parishioners, and staff of the Parish of Eganville, Ontario.


Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Parish registers after 1930 available only to family members.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Photocopying of original registers is not permitted. Use of records for publication, either whole or in part, requires permission of the archivist.

Finding aids

Index to parish registers. Database available for index to parish registers. Index for other parish records. "Guide to the Holdings of the Ecclesiastical Province of Ontario"

Associated materials

Related materials


Further accruals are expected.

General note

Some early parish registers were destroyed by fire in 1911.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions


Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description


Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres