Title and statement of responsibility area
Parish of Clayton (Anglican), Ontario fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA ON00006 2 A55&2 M36&6L C3
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
40.5 cm of textual records Parish registers fragile.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The Parish of Clayton presently consists of three churches and formerly included one other. Services in Franktown were held in the house of Mr. Frank Jessop and at the local inn prior to 1823 with St. James' Church, Franktown completed by 1828. The first services in Innisville were held in a log building shared with Methodists and the wooden church of St. John's, Innisville was built by 1863. Land was donated in 1855 by James Ennis and the frame church of St. George's, Clayton had been built by 1863. The wooden church of Holy Trinity was built in the village of Innisville about the year 1880. The building was secularized on May 4, 1958 by Bishop Ernest Samuel Reed and the land was later sold.
Scope and content
Fonds consists of records of the activities of the Parish of Clayton, Ontario. It includes parish registers, 1829-1962, service registers, 1989-1990, records of committees and organizations, financial records, special services and events material, correspondence, service bulletins, newsclippings, and newsletters.
Immediate source of acquisition
Donated at various times by clergy, parish officers, parishioners, and staff of the Parish of Clayton.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Parish registers after 1930 available only to family members.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Use of records for publication, either whole or in part, requires permission of the archivist.
Index to parish registers. Database available for index to parish registers. Index for other parish records. "Guide to the Holdings of the Ecclesiastical Province of Ontario"
Further accruals are expected.
Bound photocopies of 1829-1837, 1841-1890, and 1887-1940 parish registers on acid-free paper.