Title and statement of responsibility area
North York Township Conservative Association fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
5 m of textual records 1 minute book. Generally good, but some condition issues.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The North York Township Conservative Association was formed sometime between 1922 and 1927. In 1928, it had 46 members with between ten and twenty at most meetings. The Association provided grass roots support for both provincial and federal Conservative parties. Typically, it raised funds through euchre nights and other social gatherings, sent delegates to conventions, appointed election enumerators and lobbied for local improvements.
Found in a trunk about 1968, possibly by local historian William Clifton Herbert Dowson.
Scope and content
Fonds consists mainly of correspondence and minutes of meetings.
Immediate source of acquisition
Donated to North York Public Library [now part of Toronto Public Library] about 1968.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication