Fonds F1312 - Nelson-Palermo Pastoral Charge (Ont.) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Nelson-Palermo Pastoral Charge (Ont.) fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record
  • Graphic material

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA ON00340 F1312

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1996-1997 (Reproduction)
    Reproducer
    United Church of Canada Archives
    Note
    Microfilmed
  • 1836-1992 (Creation)
    Creator
    Nelson-Palermo Pastoral Charge (Ont.)

Physical description area

Physical description

1.03 m of textual records
1 photograph

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

Nelson-Palermo Pastoral Charge was established in 1959. Nelson Methodist Episcopal Circuit was established circa 1812, and included Bronte, Burlington, Waterdown, Ballinafad, Clarkson, Nassagaweya Township, Mountsberg and Millgrove; it eventually joined the Methodist Church, Canada. Palermo Methodist Church was established circa 1812; it joined the United Church of Canada in 1925. Palermo United Church was established 1925, formerly Methodist. Nelson United Church was established 1925, formerly Methodist. Mount Pleasant Methodist Church was established in 1880; it closed in 1924.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists of records including baptisms, 1838-1852, of Nelson Methodist Episcopal Circuit (includes Bronte, Burlington and Millgrove, Ballinafad, Clarkson, Waterdown, Nassagaweya Township), 1836-1852; records of Palermo Methodist Church, 1840-1922; records, including baptisms, 1959-1972, marriages, 1959-1975, 1959-1978, of Nelson-Palermo Pastoral Charge, 1959-1983; records of Palermo United Church (includes Palermo Methodist Church), 1901-1984; records of Nelson United Church (includes Nelson Methodist Church), 1924-1992; photograph of Mount Pleasant Methodist Church, Merton.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Microfilm of some records from accession 94.150L available on 1 unverified microfilm reel (16mm : positive and negative).
Parts of the textual records are available on microfilm reel(s) LCM-41: positive and negative; 35mm. For a listing of these records, see the LCR Microfilm Shelf List. LCM reels are available through Inter-Library Loan.

Restrictions on access

Access to baptismal, marriage and burial registers may be restricted according to relevant privacy legislation.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Use microfilm where available.

Finding aids

Hamilton Conference - finding aid 290

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Accession

1977.100L

Accession

1994.150L

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area