Fonds F1378 - Nassagaweya Methodist Circuit (Ont.) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Nassagaweya Methodist Circuit (Ont.) fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA ON00340 F1378

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1998 (Reproduction)
    Reproducer
    United Church of Canada Archives
    Note
    Microfilmed
  • 1845-1916 (Creation)
    Creator
    Nassagaweya Methodist Circuit (Ont.)

Physical description area

Physical description

9 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

Nassagaweya Methodist Circuit was formed in 1874, and included Aberfoyle, Campbellville, Corwhin; it was discontinued when the United Church was formed in 1925. Nassageweya Wesleyan Methodist New Connexion Circuit was formed ca. 1845; it was discontinued when the Methodist New Connexion Church was formed. Cove Wesleyan Methodist New Connexion Chapel was established ca. 1845. Nassagaweya Methodist New Connexion Circuit was established ca. 1864, and included Eden Mills, Providence (Townline) Chapel in Eramosa Township, New Hope Chapel in Hespeler, Kilbride, Bethel Church in Nelson Township, Bethesda Chapel in Nelson Township, Salem Chapel in Nelson Township; it was discontinued in 1874 when the Methodist Church of Canada was formed.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists of subscription list and other records re building of Cove Wesleyan Methodist New Connexion Chapel, Nassagaweya, 1845-1872; records inlcuding baptisms, 1861-1863, marriages, 1858-1895 of Nassagaweya Methodist Circuit (includes Nassagewya Wesleyan Methodist New Connexion Circuit, Nassageweya Methodist New Connexion Circuit [includes Eden Mills, Providence (Townline) Chapel in Eramosa Township, New Hope Chapel In Hespeler, Kilbride, Bethel Church in Nelson Township, Bethesda Chapel in Nelson Township, Salem Chapel in Nelson Township], Aberfoyle, Campbellville, Corwhin), 1858-1916.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Parts of the textual records are available on microfilm reel LCM-226: positive and negative; 35 mm. For a listing of these records, see the LCR Microfilm Shelf List. LCM reels are available through Inter-Library Loan.

Restrictions on access

Open

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Use microfilm where available.

Finding aids

Hamilton Conference - finding aid 290

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Accession

1977.149L

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area