Title and statement of responsibility area
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- Massey Pastoral Charge (Ont.)
Physical description area
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Massey Pastoral Charge was formed in 1925; it included Massey, Walford, Spanish and Lee Valley (until 1967). From 1952-1958, Massey amalgamated with Webbwood Pastoral Charge to form Massey-Webbwood Pastoral Charge. In 1958, Massey became its own charge again.
St. Andrew's United Church, located at 315 Imperial St. South in Massey, was established in 1925, formerly Union. The Methodists were in Massey as early as 1889 with the Algoma Mission. A church building was constructed and dedicated in 1913. In 1917, the church joined the Massey Presbyterian Church to form a Union church. The Massey Union Church joined the United Church of Canada in 1925. It is still an active congregation of the United Church of Canada.
Walford United Church was established in 1925, formerly Union. The Walford Methodist Church was built in 1890. This church was destroyed in 1901. It joined the Presbyterians ca. 1917 to form a Union Church. The Union Church joined the United Church of Canada in 1925. It closed on October 31, 2010.
Zion United Church in Spanish was established in 1925. A new church building was constucted in 1955. It closed on October 31, 2010.
Lee Valley United Church was established in 1925, formerly Methodist. It was originally a part of the Webbwood Pastoral Charge and stayed with Massey Pastoral Charge with the closure of Webbwood United Church. It closed ca. 1967.
Scope and content
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material