Title and statement of responsibility area
Lion's Head Pastoral Charge (Ont.) fonds
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA ON00340 F1216
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- United Church of Canada Archives
- Lion's Head Pastoral Charge (Ont.)
Physical description area
79 cm of textual records
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Lion's Head Pastoral Charge was established in 1925, formerly a Methodist Circuit; it included Centreville, Pike Bay. Lion's Head Methodist Circuit was active until 1925 when it entered the United Church; it included Centreville, Pike Bay. Centreville Methodist Church was established in 1909; it entered the United Church in 1925. Knox Presbyterian Church, Lion's Head, was established in 1881; it entered the United Church in 1925. Adamsville United Church was established 1925; formerly Presbyterian. Lion's Head United Church was established in 1925 when the Methodist and Presbyterian Churches joined the United Church; in 1970 it was renamed Central United Church after Centreville United Church closed and its congregation joined Lion's Head. Pike Bay United Church was established in 1925, formerly Presbyterian. Central United Church, Lion's Head was established 1970 after the congregation of the closed Centreville United Church joined Lion's Head United Church. Hopeness United Church was established in 1925, formerly Methodist; it closed in the late 1940's but the property was retained by the United Church. Centreville United Church was established in 1925, formerly Methodist; it closed in 1970 and its congregation joined Lion's Head United Church.
Name of creator
Spry Presbyterian Church was active from at least 1900 to 1925, when it joined the United Church.
Scope and content
Fonds consists of circuit register of Lion's Head Methodist Circuit, 1885-1910; Trustee Board minutes of Centreville Methodist Church, 1908-1915; records, including baptisms, 1887-1925, marriages, 1897-1924, of Lion's Head Presbyterian Mission Field (includes Pike Bay, Spry, Barrow Bay, Adamsville), 1887-1925; financial records of Knox Presbyterian Church, Lion's Head, 1897-1925; communion roll, 1906, Session minutes, 1900-1925, congregational minutes, 1901, of Spry Presbyterian Church; records, including baptism/marriage/burial register, 1908-1980, marriages, 1896-1951, of Lion's Head Pastoral Charge (includes Centreville, Pike Bay, Lion's Head Methodist Circuit), 1896-1990; records of Adamsville United Church (includes Adamsville Presbyterian Church), 1919-1963; records of Lion's Head United Church, 1925-1983; records of Pike Bay United Church, 1929-1989; records of Hopeness United Church, 1949-1976; records of Central United Church, Lion's Head (includes Lion's Head United Church), 1950-1992; records, including baptisms, 1965-1966, of Centreville United Church (includes Centreville Methodist Church), 1909-1970.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Parts of the textual records are available on microfilm reel(s) LCM-36 and LCM-228: positive and negative; 35mm. For a listing of these records, see the LCR Microfilm Shelf List. LCM reels are available through Inter-Library Loan.
Restrictions on access
Access to baptismal, marriage and burial registers may be restricted according to relevant privacy legislation.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Use microfilm where available.
Hamilton Conference - finding aid 290
Includes records from former Fonds 1475: Spry Presbyterian Church (Ont.)