Fonds AFC 96 - Ladies Orange Benevolent Association Crystal Chapter #28 fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Ladies Orange Benevolent Association Crystal Chapter #28 fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA ON00353 AFC 96

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1948-1972, predominant 1948-1963 (Creation)
    Creator
    Ladies Orange Benevolent Association Crystal Chapter #28

Physical description area

Physical description

3 folders of textual records 4 volumes

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

The Crystal Chapter of the Ladies Orange Benevolent Association is a Protestant Christian women’s organization, affiliated with the Orange Association. According to the Grand Orange Lodge of Canada, Crystal Chapters of the Ladies Orange Benevolent Association admit ladies in good standing from a regular L.O.B.A. chapter. Members seek a greater understanding of the aims and objectives of the Ladies Orange Benevolent Association. Members perform charitable acts in the community and refer to themselves as “preceptresses.” Ladies Orange Benevolent Association Crystal Chapter #28 was instituted on October 9, 1948 at the Oddfellows Hall in Woodstock, Ontario. Membership included women from the Ladies Orange Benevolent Association branches #513 (Woodstock) and #538 (Ingersoll). Meetings were moved to the new Orange Lodge rooms on Dundas Street, Woodstock in November, 1949 and then to the Orange Hall on Canterbury Street, Woodstock in February, 1957. The inaugural officers were: Winnifred Hartsell – Senior Preceptress Dorothy Sackville – Junior Preceptress E. Heron – Registrar C. Webb – Treasurer

Custodial history

Scope and content

This fonds contains minutes of meetings, financial records, correspondence, and administrative records of the Ladies Orange Benevolent Association Crystal Chapter #28. Minutes detailing the establishment of the organization are included. Fonds is comprised of the following series: Minutes of meetings Dues book Admission applications Correspondence Annual returns

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Purchased from a manuscript dealer in March, 1997.

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

No restrictions on access.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related places

Related genres