Ladies Orange Benevolent Association Crystal Chapter #28

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Ladies Orange Benevolent Association Crystal Chapter #28

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

The Crystal Chapter of the Ladies Orange Benevolent Association is a Protestant Christian women’s organization, affiliated with the Orange Association. According to the Grand Orange Lodge of Canada, Crystal Chapters of the Ladies Orange Benevolent Association admit ladies in good standing from a regular L.O.B.A. chapter. Members seek a greater understanding of the aims and objectives of the Ladies Orange Benevolent Association. Members perform charitable acts in the community and refer to themselves as “preceptresses.” Ladies Orange Benevolent Association Crystal Chapter #28 was instituted on October 9, 1948 at the Oddfellows Hall in Woodstock, Ontario. Membership included women from the Ladies Orange Benevolent Association branches #513 (Woodstock) and #538 (Ingersoll). Meetings were moved to the new Orange Lodge rooms on Dundas Street, Woodstock in November, 1949 and then to the Orange Hall on Canterbury Street, Woodstock in February, 1957. The inaugural officers were: Winnifred Hartsell – Senior Preceptress Dorothy Sackville – Junior Preceptress E. Heron – Registrar C. Webb – Treasurer

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places