Fonds CONG-407 - Knox Presbyterian Church (Walkerton, Ont.) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Knox Presbyterian Church (Walkerton, Ont.) fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA ON00313 CONG-407

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1926-1986 and microfilmed 1973 (originally created 1853-1900) (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

1 reel of microfilm

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

Knox Presbyterian Church in Walkerton, Ontario was formed in 1886 from the amalgamation of Free St. John's Church and St. Paul's Church, both in the Walkerton area. Free St. John's Presbyterian Church was established in 1851 within the United Presbyterian Church, while St. Paul's Presbyterian Church was established in 1873 within the Presbyterian Church in Canada in Connection with the Church of Scotland. Both became part of The Presbyterian Church in Canada in 1875, and their desire to amalgamate was approved in 1886. The amalgamated congregation took the name Knox Presbyterian Church and continued to worship out of the Free St. John's building. The St. Paul's building was sold to the Methodists. In 1925, the congregation voted to remain within The Presbyterian Church in Canada.

Name of creator

Name of creator

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists of the following records of Knox Presbyterian Church in Walkerton, Ontario. On micrifilm: Baptisms (1853-1900); Marriages (1896-1899); and Session minutes (1857-1899). Fonds also consists of three histories about the church, written in 1926, 1951 and 1986.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Notes Open.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

A file list is available. See FA-4000W at The Presbyterian Church in Canada Archives.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related places

Related genres