Fonds CONG-320 - Knox Presbyterian Church (Ripley, Ont.) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Knox Presbyterian Church (Ripley, Ont.) fonds

General material designation

    Parallel title

    Other title information

    Title statements of responsibility

    Title notes

    Level of description

    Fonds

    Reference code

    CA ON00313 CONG-320

    Edition area

    Edition statement

    Edition statement of responsibility

    Class of material specific details area

    Statement of scale (cartographic)

    Statement of projection (cartographic)

    Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

    Statement of scale (architectural)

    Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

    Dates of creation area

    Date(s)

    • 1956-1975 and microfilmed 1992 (originally created 1874-1992) (Creation)

    Physical description area

    Physical description

    3 reels of microfilm 0.5 cm of textual records

    Publisher's series area

    Title proper of publisher's series

    Parallel titles of publisher's series

    Other title information of publisher's series

    Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

    Numbering within publisher's series

    Note on publisher's series

    Archival description area

    Name of creator

    Administrative history

    Knox Presbyterian Church in Ripley, Ontario, was formed in 1925 by those members of St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church (est. c.1856 and formerly called Knox Presbyterian Church) that voted against joining the United Church of Canada. The congregation worshipped in the Township Hall for a time before purchasing the old Knox Presbyterian Church from the United Church. The first settled minister was the Rev. Dr. George Connors, who was inducted on Feb. 14, 1927. In that year, the congregation also built a Sunday School Hall. In 1938, the Ripley and Ashfield congregations were linked together as a two-point charge.

    Name of creator

    Custodial history

    Scope and content

    Fonds consists of minutes, registers and other records of Knox Presbyterian Church in Ripley, Ontario, including some microfilm copies of records of the pre-1925 Presbyterian congregation (St. Andrew's) that joined the United Church. Specifically, the fonds consists of Baptisms (1901-1992); Marriages (1913-1991); Deaths (1932-1992); Session minutes (1874-1977); Communion Rolls (1896-1901, 1922-1925); Historic Roll (1925-1927); Congregational and Board of Managers minutes (1886-1922); Board of Managers minutes (1926-1939); Congregational minutes (1938-1988); List of contributors to a building fund (1925-1926); Ladies Aid Society (1930-1982); Young People's Society (1927-1932); WMS Auxiliary minutes (1925-1970, 1988-1990); CGIT minutes (1970-1973); and a booklet on the history of the church written in 1956.

    Notes area

    Physical condition

    Immediate source of acquisition

    Arrangement

    Language of material

      Script of material

        Location of originals

        Availability of other formats

        Restrictions on access

        Notes Session minutes are restricted for a period of 50 years from the date they were written.

        Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

        Finding aids

        A file list is available. See FA-4000R at The Presbyterian Church in Canada Archives.

        Associated materials

        Related materials

        Accruals

        Alternative identifier(s)

        Standard number

        Standard number

        Access points

        Subject access points

        Place access points

        Name access points

        Genre access points

        Control area

        Description record identifier

        Institution identifier

        Rules or conventions

        Status

        Level of detail

        Dates of creation, revision and deletion

        Language of description

          Script of description

            Sources

            Accession area