Inspection Board of the United Kingdom and Canada
Parallelle vormen van de naam
Gestandaardiseerde naamvorm(en) volgens andere regels.
Identificatiecode voor organisaties
The Inspection Board of the United Kingdom and Canada was formed 26 October 1940 and held its first meeting 15 November 1940. With equal representation of both countries, it consisted of eight members, four of whom were appointed by the British government, and four of whom were appointed by the Canadian government. There was to be a Controller General who was to be also the Chairman of the board, who was appointed by joint consultation. It was the representative inspecting authority on behalf of the UK Ministry of Supply, and the Canadian Department of Munitions and Supply. At its peak, the organization included approximately 15 000 people. Its headquarters were in Ottawa, and it had an office in New York City. It was to inspect the production of war goods and resources, supplies and stores in Canada and the United States. It was dissolved on 31 March 1946, to be replaced in Canada by the Inspection Board of Canada.
Functies, beroepen en activiteiten
Mandaat/bronnen van bevoegdheid
Interne structuren / genealogie
Access points area
Authority record identifier
Identificatiecode van de instelling
Toegepaste regels en/of conventies
Niveau van detaillering
Datering van aanmaak, herziening of verwijdering
Not in Amicus. 71/148 [Inspection Board of the United Kingdom and Canada fonds].