Showing 60 results

Archival description
With digital objects
Print preview View:

Brampton lacrosse team on field

Item consists of a photographic postcard of 14 members of a Brampton lacrosse team, likely the Brampton Excelsiors. A large building is in behind these players, possibly a greenhouse. Title supplied by archivist.

Brampton lacrosse team on field

Item consists of a photographic postcard of 14 members of a Brampton lacrosse team, likely the Brampton Excelsiors. A large building is in behind these players, possibly a greenhouse. Title supplied by archivist.

Churches: Queens Ave. Methodist

This view includes houses and other buildings behind the church. Originally called North Street Methodist Church, street was renamed Queen's Ave. in 1876 with church name following shortly thereafter. The church burned down in 1895.

Diocese of London School of Christ series

  • CA ON00279 F01-S127
  • Series
  • 1943-1971

Series contains of bulletins, newsletters, and newspaper clippings discussing the School of Christ program. It also contains a variety of photographs depicting its participants and organizers. There is one audio cassette of Sister Mary Margaret Childs, director of the senior choir, talking about her memories of the program, and one vinyl plaque presented to Sisters Mary Margaret Childs and Maureen Dalton from a group of alumni.

Diocese of London School of Christ

Dr. F. W. Luney fonds

  • CA ON00279 SJH-F01
  • Fonds
  • 1907 - 1974

The Dr. F. W. Luney fonds consists of 14 series (and 2 subseries) of records chronicling his scholarly beginnings as a medical student at the University of Western Ontario, his appointment as Senior Pathologist at Victoria Hospital, and the extent of his professional career as Clinical Laboratory Chief at St. Joseph’s Hospital until his retirement in 1961. During his career, Dr. Luney would enlist in the Canadian Army Medical Services Division during WWI, establish a Clinical Pathology Laboratory at St. Joseph’s Hospital in 1928, conduct extensive research in blood transfusion techniques, direct the opening of the Blood Bank Department and St. Joseph’s Hospital in 1945, establish private consulting services for smaller hospitals in southern Ontario, and create the Dr. F. W. Luney Fund to raise funds for the Medical Library at St. Joseph’s Hospital. Records of note include: well-maintained, original photographs of Dr. Luney and fellow classmates posing with a cadaver; records created to document body parts and organs donated to Luney’s private “Museum”; personal notebooks outlining his medical training and professional experiences; a selection of diplomas and certificates; records of his $5,000 donation to the Medical Library at St. Joseph’s Hospital; photographs depicting the two-person multiple syringe apparatus he invented; notes from lectures and seminars that he gave on pathology and blood transfusion-related subjects; and a 60th anniversary portrait of Dr. F. W. Luney with his fellow 1914 graduates.

Luney, Dr. F. W.

Results 1 to 20 of 60