Print preview Close

Showing 220 results

Archival description
19 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
Lesbian Outdoor Group fonds
CA ON00047 F0017 · Fonds · 1995-2007

Fonds consists of organizational records and planning documents for the Lesbian Outdoors Group from 1995-2007. Meeting minutes detail disagreements over funds allocations, discussions of group management techniques, reflections on equity within the group and how social dynamics contribute to equity and inequity. A majority of the materials consist of handwritten or printed notes recording and planning LOG activities and meetings. The fonds also contain LOG promotional materials and photos.

Untitled
National Council Minutes
CA ON00113 100042 · Series · 1912-

Series contains agenda, materials and minutes of the national council.

Untitled
CA ON00156 2014-55 · Fonds · 1925-2013

Books of remembrance. One records the names and dates of death of Women's Institute members of the branches at: Roslin, Plainfield, Phillipston (Bethel) Zion, Quinte, Carmel, Cannifton, Melrose, Foxboro, Tyendinaga East, Moira, Chapman's, Parkdale, Lonsdale and Marlbank (1925-2013). The other is a scrapbook with photographs and brief biographies of men who had enlisted for the Second World War in the areas covered by the Women's Institute branches of: Melrose, Phillipston (Bethel) Zion, Plainfield, Quinte, Roslin and Tyendinaga East (May 1944).

Untitled
CA ON00156 MG645 · Fonds · 1907-1987

Fonds consists of 17 minute books of the Quinte Women's Institute and the group's Tweedsmuir history, which includes postcards, press clippings and photographs. Also included is a banner for the institute, history of the institute and files of loose papers for each minute book (letters, receipts, newspaper articles, reports, programmes and newsletters).

Untitled
Grace Hartman fonds
CA ON00159 P017 · Fonds · [196-?-197-?]

Consisting of correspondence, a scrapbook, clippings, photographs, and diplomas, the documents are all related to Grace Hartman’s public life and the years she served as a member of the City Council.

Researchers studying the politics of the region and the field of women's studies will find valuable documents in this fonds.

Untitled
Barbara M. Hanley fonds
CA ON00159 P029 · Fonds · 1936-1967

This fonds consists of one scrapbook relating to the public life of Barbara Hanley. The scrapbook contains correspondence, telegrams, pictures, an article, and newspaper clippings. The correspondence, telegrams, and newspaper clippings primarily concern Barbara Hanley’s election as Mayor of Webbwood. The pictures consist of two photographs of Hanley and one group photograph. The article was written by Hanley on the subject of civic responsibility for a secondary school magazine. The newspaper clippings are from local and national papers.

Untitled
Barbara Dunphy fonds
CA ON00159 P047 · Fonds · 1982

The Barbara Dunphy fonds consists of audiotaped interviews of wives of miners from the Kirkland Lake area, and a few accompanying notes on the project. The interviews were done with the intention of producing a film, which did not get off the ground due to funding problems. Among the interviewees are: Myrtle MacLeod, Clara Golden, Kay Carlin, Anna Welyhorsky, Georgina Lebine, Mrs. Allison Mills, and Carol Magnusen.

Untitled
Ida Lewis Siegel fonds
CA ON00210 15 · Fonds · 1892-1980

Fonds consists of the records created and accumulated by Ida Siegel, documenting her personal and professional life, along with her philanthropic work. The types of records include personal reminiscences, diaries and memoirs, family correspondence, professional correspondence, speeches, scrapbooks, newsclippings, oral histories and photographs.

Untitled
CA ON00274 Coulson Women's Institute fonds · Fonds · 19--

Fonds consists of the records of the Coulson Women's Institute, including 2 Tweedsmuir histories.

Untitled
Craighurst Women's Institute
CA ON00274 Craighurst Women's Institute · Fonds · 1952-2001

Fonds consists of records created by the Craighurst Women's Institute. Fonds includes meeting minutes and a microfilm copy of their Tweedsmuir history.

Untitled
CA ON00274 Crown Hill Women's Institute fonds · Fonds · 1911-1991

Fonds consists of records pertaining to the Crown Hill Women's Institute. The fonds is organized into 5 series:

Tweedsmuir Histories
Minute and Account books
Pamphlets and Publications
Correspondence
Miscellaneous

Untitled
CA ON00274 Mrs. Alfred Watt Memorial Women's Institute fonds · Fonds · 1947-2012

Fonds consists of records of the Mrs. Alfred Watt Memorial Women's Institute (1953-2012) and is organized into the following series:

Tweedsmuirs
Scrapbooks
Minute Books
Miscellaneous

Untitled
CA ON00274 Pine Ridge Women's Institute fonds · Fonds · 1961-2011

Fonds consists of records of the Pine Ridge Women's Institute and is organzed into the following series:

Tweedsmuir Histories
Minute Books

Untitled
CA ON00274 Sunniwood Women's Institute fonds · Fonds · 1960-1990

Fonds consists of records pertaining to the Sunniwood Women's Institutes. It is organized into 5 series:

Tweedsmuir Histories
Minutes and Accounts
Correspondence
Pamphlets and Publications
Miscellaneous

Untitled
CA ON00279 16 · Series · 1948-2017

This series contains records concerned with the founding, ownership, operation, transfer, and closing of Radville Community Hospital and Marian Home. Primary topics within the records are the history and management of the two institutions, the minutes of the Governing Board, and the transfer of ownership. Records include invitations, event programs, speeches, pamphlets, booklets, a directory, histories, correspondence, news clippings, photographs, inventories, legal agreements and contracts, financial and insurance records, and facility policies and bylaws.

Notable items include a 1970 pictorial directory of Holy Family Parish, a list of Sisters who ministered in Radville, a list of 1949 donations for the creation of the hospital, a 1989 accreditation survey report for Radville Community Hospital and Marian Home, the minutes of the Governing Board, operational reports from hospital committees and staff, a 1980 consultation by the Catholic Health Association of Canada, and legal agreements concerning the ownership and transfer of the medical facilities and property. There is also some material concerning the estate of Reverend Father Earnest A. Yandeau, who left a donation to the Sisters of St. Joseph in Radville upon his death in 1969, and the Summer Extern Program, a program for undergraduate medical students to gain experience in a clinical setting.

The photographs are primarily of the Radville Community Hospital and Marian Home, the staff, the Sisters, the town of Radville, the 2017 memorial, and reunion events. The correspondence concerns the lives of the Sisters in Radville and the opening, operation, and relinquishing of ownership of the Radville Community Hospital and Marian Home.

Untitled
CA ON00279 50-0009 · Series · 1985-1988

This series contains records related to the ministries in St. Philippe d’Argenteuil, Quebec, carried out by the Sisters of St. Joseph in the Pembroke diocese. The parish comprised about 550 families. The records contain annals, correspondence, photographs, a souvenir booklet, a newsclipping, and a few parish bulletins. The photographs depict the convent, Sister Constance Lacroix, one of two Sisters missioned there, and the church. The souvenir booklet celebrates the centennial of the arish in 1988. It is illustrated with photographs and is in French. The correspondence is in French and in English, and the primary correspondents are Sister Margaret Glofcheskie, the General Superior, Bishop Charles Valois, Sister Constance Lacroix, and two parish priests. The annals were kept by Sister Constance who arrived in the parish on August 31, 1985 to serve as the parish coordinator and a pastoral animator with the Laurentian School Board. The annals note interesting local events such as the feast of the cemetery held on the second Sunday in September during which people came to pray for the dead and to ensure the graves were decorated. As Sister Constance notes, “I felt that I could carry out what our first Sisters did in 1650, but I in 1986,” as she embarks on her ministry in the parish. She was to give guidance to parents for baptism, couples for marriage, and on burials. Sister Constance was joined in December 1986 by Sister Alice Meilleur.

Untitled
Missions-Tweed series
CA ON00279 50-0011 · Series · 1986

This series contains very limited records about the opening of a mission house in Tweed, Ontario by the Sisters of St. Joseph from the Pembroke diocese. There is a short note about the plan for Sisters Emma Castonguay, Clare Sullivan, and Mary Keizer to share a house on Irving Street in Tweed, beginning in June 1986, and to formally open the house on July 16, 1986. There is correspondence from Sister Margaret Glofcheskie, the General Superior, appointing Sister Clare as the local superior for the house. There is also a short note indicating that Sister Clare taught for two years at St. Cartagh’s in Tweed beginning in 1984. The school was part of the Hastings County Roman Catholic Separate School Board.

Untitled
CA ON00279 50-0014 · Series · 1950-1975, 1988

This series contains records related to the ministries in Campbell’s Bay, Quebec, carried out by the Sisters of St. Joseph in the Pembroke diocese. There is a papal blessing from Pope Pius in 1950 for the Sisters as they started their mission. There is correspondence, much of it relating to the building that was rented for the convent and which contained a chapel. There are a few parish bulletins, a newsletter, and newsclippings, as well as a manuscript history of the Sisters in Campbell’s Bay. The series also includes a souvenir booklet for St. John the Evangelist Parish from 1919-1989 which is illustrated with photographs and is in both French and English. After 50 years of service in the field of education, the Sisters were given a farewell tea in June 1975, organized by parishioners and the Catholic Women’s League. When St. Joseph’s Manor, a nursing home, opened in Campbell’s Bay on October 27, 1968, the Sisters provided care. There is correspondence related to this staffing the facility, donations, and the eventual closure of the convent, which took place in April 1982. There are also newsclippings about St. Joseph’s Manor and a program for the official opening.

Untitled
Missions-Ottawa series
CA ON00279 50-0018 · Series · 1964-2001

This series contains records related to the Ottawa, Ontario houses and ministries of the Sisters of St. Joseph in the Pembroke diocese. The records contain annals, correspondence, photographs, and records related to renovations and property purchase such as invoices and a deed for the Wilbrod Street building. The annals are for Emmaus (Argyle Street) house, the Hull house, Laetare house, the Lebrun Street house, and the Wilbrod Street house. The Wilbrod Street house and the Lebrun Street house files contain a small number of photographs of the Sisters who lived at these houses as they took part in daily life, special events, and trips. Another file for Wilbrod Street contains a large number of photographs that were removed from an album, and depict the building, Sisters ministering in the community, and daily life. The series is interesting in that it shows experiments the Sisters undertook in community living and in vocation work.

Untitled
Missions-Arnprior series
CA ON00279 50-0027 · Series · 1994-1995

This series contains records related to the ministry in Arnprior, Ontario, conducted by the Sisters of St. Joseph in the Pembroke diocese. The file contains limited information about this mission house. There is a data form, a brief chronology, and a note in response to questions about the mission.

Untitled