Print preview Close

Showing 4 results

Архівний опис
4 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
Claire Emery fonds
Fonds · 1964-1972

Fonds consists of oral and amassed histories on topics pertaining to the history and development of Burlington, and the Burlington centennial film project.

Collection · [1980-1990]

Material covers Burlington’s history as documented by the Hamilton Spectator covering local news from the late 20th century. The collection consists of a mix of newspaper clippings and positive print images on (usually) glossy photo paper. There are occasionally cropping marks and measurements in grease pencil on some of these images when they were used for publication.

Untitled
CA ON00154 2009.19.2.1 · Item · 1984

Item is a quilted wall-hanging, showing buildings of Port Hope. The buildings depicted on the quilt are as follows: Dunain, Belgrave's Water Tower (Greenwood Towers), The Octagon House, Pinehurst, The Bluestone, The Cone, St. Mark's Anglican Church, Port Hope Harbour, Town Hall, Robert Mitchell House, Forge Cottage, Chapel at Trinity College School, Walton Street, Viaduct, Ganaraska River, Wimbourne, North American Hotel, Methodist Church, United Church, CN Railway Station and The Belvedere. It was created by Betty Kerr (d. 2001) in 1984 to celebrate Port Hope's Sesquicentennial.

Untitled
CA ON00154 2014.22 · Collection · 1825-2004

Collection consists of various local history information and original documents compiled and collected by Norman Thomas Long over the course of his life living and working in Port Hope, Ontario. Most of the collection is housed in a vertical subject filing cabinet in the Reading Room at the Port Hope Archives (a file-listing is available). For more detailed information, please refer to file and item-level descriptions.