Showing 976 results

Archival description
R.A.M. Stewart fonds
Print preview View:

958 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Lower Wyndham Street

The northwest corner of Lower Wyndham and Carden Streets is shown in this photograph.

Wyoming

The home shown in this photograph was lived in by James Hogg, J.W. Lyon, Lincoln Goldie, W. Ham, and William Ice. It stands on Queen Street, between Lemon and Palmer Streets.

St. George's Square

This photograph shows the Old Wellington Hotel that stood in St. George's Square.

Alma block

This photograph shows the new Alma Block, located on the east side of Upper Wyndham Street. The fenced area to the left of the buildings is the site where the New Wellington Hotel would be built.

Site of Wellington Hotel

This photograph shows the site where the New Wellington Hotel would be built, on the corner of Woolwich and Upper Wyndham Streets. The Old Wellington Hotel in St. George's Square was purchased by a group of local businessmen and razed soon b...

Newton House

The Newton House shown here was probably located near the Great Western Railway station by Alma Street.

Archdeacon Palmer's house

Known as Tyrcathleen (and later as Ker Cavan), Archdeacon Palmer's house is shown here in this photograph.

Tyrcathleen

The rear of Tyrcathleen (now known as Ker Cavan) is shown in this photograph. Tyrcathleen was built by the Archdeacon Arthur Palmer on Stuart Street in Guelph.

Congregational Church

Here is shown the construction of the Congregational Church at Norfolk and Liverpool Streets.

1st Volunteer Rifle Company

This photograph shows the members of the 1st Volunteer Rifle Company. In the back can be seen St. Bartholomew's Church.

St. Bartholomew's Church

Looking west along Macdonell Street, this photograph shows St. Bartholomew's Church, the predecessor to the Church of Our Lady.

Miss Whyte's private school

The building shown here, at the corner of Norfolk and Suffolk Streets, housed Miss Whyte's private school and later the Miss Macdonald's private school.

F.W. Stone

This photograph shows F.W. Stone who owned Stone's Store on Gordon Street. He also owned a 500-acre cattle farm which he sold in 1873 to the Ontario Government and which subsequently became the Ontario Agricultural College.

Moreton Lodge

Moreton Lodge, shown here, was the home of F.W. Stone when the farm was purchased in 1873 by the Ontario Government. It became the first school building of the Ontario School of Agriculture in 1874.

Lachlan McGregor & Elizabeth Bell

This photograph shows Lachlan McGregor and his wife Elizabeth Bell. They obtained a crown deed of land in the Eramosa area in 1826 and helped to survey the new settlement of Guelph. They are the mother and father in-law of Robert Stewart, Guelph...

Eramosa bridge

This photograph shows a close-up of the bridge over the Speed River at Eramosa Road.

Robert Stewart Lumber

This photograph shows Robert Stewart standing in the doorway of the Robert Stewart Lumber factory on Upper Wyndham Street.

Guelph from Central School hill

This photograph shows the downtown of Guelph along Paisley and Quebec Streets taken from the Central School hill. Knox Church is prominent in the middle of the image with the new spire of St. George's Church being built behind.

Results 41 to 60 of 976