Showing 16 results

Archival description
Business and commerce Image
Print preview View:

16 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Canada Optical Company collection

  • CA ON00397 2015.10
  • Collection
  • 1947-1992

Collection of materials relating to the Canada Optical Company in Deseronto, Ontario, including photographs, promotional materials, newspaper and magazine articles and summary of employee benefits.

The materials were collected by Don Simpson, former general manager of the Deseronto plant.

Canada Optical Company

Deseronto Town Hall photograph collection

  • CA ON00397 2015.13
  • Collection
  • 1970s-2011

Photographs of Deseronto, Ontario dating from the 1970s to 2011, depicting a variety of Town events. They include a set of aerial photographs of the town from the 1980s; the interior of the former Home Hardware store in the Baker Block on Main Street; the O’Connor House on Main Street before its demolition; the 1989 100th Anniversary celebrations, photographs of Centennial Park and Rathbun Memorial Park; the opening of the Deseronto Public Library in its 358 Main Street location in 2001; the Ontario Provincial Police handover ceremony in 2001; an Easter Parade from the early 2000s; a Santa Parade; the 2002 New Year’s Levee; and the 2010 Olympic Flame run in Deseronto.

Most of the photographs appear to have been taken by Town staff. One envelope was donated to the Town by Irene Usher and contains photographs taken by her late husband, Tom.

Whitby Senior Hockey Club fonds

  • CA ON00329 F 04
  • Fonds
  • 1954-1962

Fonds consists of records relating to the administration, operation, and activities of the Whitby Dunlops hockey team. Records were created by the executive members of the Whitby Senior Hockey Club. Fonds is comprised of the following series: Financial records, administrative records, correspondence, advertisement and sponsorship, and programs and ephemera.

Whitby Senior Hockey Club

The Nipissing Drug Store fonds

  • CA ON00408 F047
  • Fonds
  • 1895-1933

Fonds documents the Nipissing Drug Store's filling of pharmaceutical prescriptions for customers. Fonds consists of prescription ledgers and one framed analytical chemistry certificate.

The Nipissing Drug Store

Edgeley, Ontario post office

Photograph showing the first and only location of the Edgeley post office which was also the general store. It was located on the south east corner of Thornhill Sideroad and the Fifth Concession of Vaughan Township, Ontario, now Hwy. 7 and Jane St. Mr. L. Arthur Whitmore, postmaster and general store owner, is seen here putting groceries in a buggy. In the buggy on the right is his father-in-law, William Reid, an Edgeley blacksmith, who was ready to leave for Concord to pick up the mail from the train at the Thornhill station. The Edgeley post office and store was closed on July 12, 1960. It was demolished when Jane St was widened and paved in 1965.

Wholesalers: Bowman & Co.

This business was located at 246 Bathurst Street. View looks north towards Saunby Grain Warehouse (with cupola) on York just west of Wellington. The handwriting was added by the O'Connor and Lancaster photographers. In photo are horse drawn delivery wagons and shows coal and wood storage. Photo augmented with white labelling identifying use and name of company, William Bowman, [successors].

Grocery Stores: Bryce & Mills

Exterior view of other Bryce and Mills store with advertisement for Labatt's ale, and signs for Fairbanks scales and Montreal Telegraph Company. A buggy is at left with barrels and other items for sale on display outside.