This photograph is a view of buildings looking north along Richmond Street and buildings to the east including St. Peter's Cathedral and Bishop's Palace (later rectory) on Dufferin Avenue; and Crystal Palace and military garrison buildings at far right.
This view includes houses and other buildings behind the church. Originally called North Street Methodist Church, street was renamed Queen's Ave. in 1876 with church name following shortly thereafter. The church burned down in 1895.
This photograph album was likely prepared for advertising and promotional purposes by the O'Connor and Lancaster firm, or "Popular Photo Studio". It contains prints of London, Ontario, scenes, as well as advertising and promotional information about London and some of its businesses.