Mostrar 65 resultados

Objeto informacional
City of Thunder Bay Archives Canada
Previsualizar a impressão Ver:

31 resultados com objetos digitais Mostrar resultados com objetos digitais

Fort William Council Minutes

This series consists of meeting minutes for the Municipal Council for the Town and City of Fort William. Comprehensive indexes compiled by staff at the City Clerk’s office provide access to the various issues discussed at council meetings.

City of Fort William (Ont.)

Winston Hall Committee Minutes

Opening in January of 1944, Winston Hall was constructed as a Women’s residence for wartime housing by the War Munitions and Supply Ministry of the Federal Government. When the property was deemed to be surplus, City Council acquired it through an agreement with the Director of the Veterans’ Land Act (October 15th 1945) and by arranging to borrow $80,000 for the purchase under By-law 3954 (October 9th, 1945). The Ontario Government approved the agreement between the Director of the Veterans’ Land Act and Council through enacting the City of Fort William Act, 1946.

Council appointed five of its members to the Winston Hall Committee on October 23, 1945 in order to direct the management of the facility. The committee first convened 2 days later on October 25th, 1945 and elected Alderman Booth as the chair. Renovations, the appointment of management, personnel, lease and rental arrangements were items addressed by the committee. At various points, the fixtures in Winston Hall included a grocery, concessions, bowling alley, assembly hall and classrooms for the Canadian Vocational Training School.

Between 1945 and 1948, other programs to manage construction of post-war housing were administered by a Housing Committee that was established by council on January 9th 1945. After 1949, however, the Winston Hall Committee advised in these local improvement matters between the City of Fort William and Central Mortgage and Housing Corporation and was thenceforward known as the Winston Hall and Civic Housing Committee. In Fort William, the last project of this kind was identified as project 10. Details regarding agreements between Central Mortgage and Housing Corporation and the City of Fort William can be found in the City Clerks Files under Housing.

On November 9, 1950 the members of the Winston Hall and Civic Housing Committee advised council to authorize the sale of the Winston Hall property to Mr. Alan Guyer. Council had already approved a leasing arrangement for the property on May 30, 1950 under by-law 4342. After coming to an agreement of sale on November 28, 1950, By-law 4424, passed through Council on March 30th, authorizing the sale to Mr. Guyer for the Winston Hall Property and ending the City’s commitment to the management of the property.

Building Permit Registers

Outlined in By-law 325 (1903), the duties of the Building Inspector included the examination of construction of buildings and repairs, making the Office of the Building Inspector a likely candidate for the responsibility of the Fort William building permit registers. Through reviewing annual reports (Series 16) it appears that the office of the Building Inspector came under the direction of the Fire Water and Light Committee.

Arranged numerically by year and permit number, registers (Between 1912 and 1972) generally include the following details:
permit number, date, owner, information on the location of the building including lot, block, plan, street and address, a description of the building including construction details of walls, foundations and roof, the names of architect/contractor and plumber/electrician, the costs of the construction, any fees charged and the purpose of the permit. Monthly summaries give the
totals for different categories of construction such as duplexes, single dwellings, sheds, commercial and institutional buildings.

The earliest building permits (1907-1911) do not include details regarding the contractor, builder, plumber or electrician, but still provide a description of the purpose of building and value attached to the construction.

This series consists of bound volumes with details of construction completed under a permit number. There is no index to permit numbers, by name or property. Researchers must know the approximate year of the construction for a property in order to search, page by page, for the street address.

City Clerk's Files

The Office of the City Clerk oversees all departments of the municipal government and the operations of City Council. Major responsibilities of the City Clerk include; presenting proposed by-laws to Council; preparing agendas for Council; providing secretarial services for Council and Committees of Council; administering vital statistics registrations; managing municipal elections, ensuring that city government is operating in accordance with provincial statutes; licensing and regulation of City services; and overseeing property tax assessments.

Other items more recently added to the portfolio of the City Clerk include corporate records management and ensuring that the City is compliant with the provisions of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, emergency planning, heritage designation, and the Aboriginal Liaison division. The Office of the City Clerk also contains two permanent committees; the Heritage Advisory Committee and the Official Recognition Committee.

In the first years following the amalgamation of the City of Thunder Bay until 1973, the City Clerk shared responsibilities with the City Coordinator’s Office and reported directly to the City Coordinator. As of April 1980, the Office of the City Clerk was a division of a larger department, Administrative Services, headed by a Director and accountable to the Chief Administrative Officer. At this time, the City Clerk reported directly to the Director of Administrative Services. In 1989, the City Clerk reported directly to the Chief Administrative Officer. In 1996, the City Clerk’s Office was positioned under the Corporate Services department and reported to the General Manager, Corporate Services. With the dissolution of the Corporate Services department in 1998, the Office of the City Clerk became a division of the City Manager’s Office. At 2014, the City Clerk reports directly to the City Manager. City Clerk appointments for the City of Thunder Bay include: D. B. Morris (1971 - 1979); H. T. Kirk (1980 - 1994); Elaine Bahlieda (1995 - 2003); John Hannam (2004 - present).

As the Office of the City Clerk oversees all functions and responsibilities of City Government, this series consists of records relating to all aspects of government. Predominant in this series are records relating to City Council, the preparation and management of municipal elections, legal agreements and the establishment of by-laws, liaisons with other institutions and levels of government over issues of health, education, road development, planning and engineering (including zoning and urban renewal), correspondence and other records regarding vital statistics registrations, records relating to finance and taxation, the Parking Authority, police and fire services, historical preservation within the City and the management of corporate records.

Also included are records relating to the administration and organizational development of the City. Some files from the Chief Administrative Officer can also be found in this series.

Also included in this series are plans relating to highway improvements and zoning of areas within the City.

Expenditure Records

The various Standing Committees of Council and their duties were established under By-law #709, passed in 1909. This series consists of the Expenditure Records of the Committee operations reflecting various detailed accounts of the financial aspects of each Committee. Date, name, particulars, V. No., and amount are the common headings that are included in the Expenditure Records of all the Committees, as well each record has a variety of detailed accounts reflecting the operation of each Committee.

The following are just a few of the Committees and their duties in this series.

The Finance Committee oversaw and had access to account books and documents in the treasurer’s office, regulated all matters regarding receipt of payment.

The Works Committee was responsible for reporting to Council on all regulations and matters relating to fences, planting trees, boulevards, sewers, drains, streets and thoroughfares.

The Public Utilities Committee reported on all matters relating to Waterworks, Telephone and Street Railway and regulated the construction, operation and maintenance of these utilities.

The Fire, Water & Light Committee were responsible for managing and reporting on the organization, equipment and maintenance of the Fire Brigade and its equipment. They also reviewed the financial records of the Fire Department.

The License and Relief Committee oversaw all matters relating to the issue of licenses, fees, and the appropriation made by Council for the relief of the poor.

The Property Committee had control of all real property, including Public Buildings and Cemeteries belonging to the City, supervised Mountain View Cemetery, regulated fees and sale of plots. Reported on heating, lighting, purchases, erection and maintenance of sites for public buildings and regulated the salaries of caretakers of building and grounds.

No committee reports or correspondence have survived.

15 bound handwritten volumes exist dated 1914 - 1952.

Committee of the Whole and Council Agendas

Subject to By-law 139-2006, all members of Council participate in Committee of the Whole Meetings, chaired by an elected member of Council. Committee of the Whole Meetings are divided into four key areas designed to cover the broad range of issues relevant to the overall management of the City. At 2011, the arrangement of Committee of the Whole Meetings is divided into; Community Services, Planning, Operations and Administrative Services. Council may also address specific, ongoing matters in Committee of the Whole sessions. Under Chapters 16 and 17 of the City of Thunder Bay Municipal Code (amended by By-law 171-2001), City Council has the authority to establish Corporate Administrative SubCommittees that investigate and make recommendations on a particular subject or area of concern within a particular session of a Committee of the Whole meeting. Additionally, Committee of the Whole Meetings also hear deputations to Council, where individuals and community groups can bring matters of public interest to the Council’s attention in formal proceedings.

Prior to the establishment of Committee of the Whole Meetings in The City of Thunder Bay, policy committees had been established to address core areas of government administration. In July 1970, Council approved the establishment of four policy committees which were divided into the following categories; Protection of Persons and Property, Health and Social Services, Recreation and Community Services and Planning. With changes to the corporate organization of city government throughout the 1970’s, policy committees had been reorganized. In 1978, under By-law 303-1978 (amended in 1979, 1981 and 1982) three Standing Committees were established. These Standing Committees were comprised of members of Council who wished to serve on them, with no fewer than seven members per committee.

Series consists of agendas from Committee of the Whole Meetings and meetings of the City Council covering a broad range of issues pertinent to the ongoing management of The City of Thunder Bay. Included are agendas relating to transportation, city facilities, infrastructure and development, parking, parks and recreation, city personnel, accessibility provisions and civic beautification. Also included are meeting agendas from related institutions such as the Thunder Bay District Health Unit, Thunder Bay District Social Services Administration Board and various ad-hoc committees designed to address specific issues. In addition to these agendas are operating budgets and capital budgets, applications for financial assistance, Agendas for Inaugral meetings of City Council, petitions from the public and public hearings over planning issues.

Meeting agendas are bound and separated based on the date of the meeting. Minutes include additional attached material relevant to the matters discussed such as minutes from other committees and correspondence and reports from various corporate and administrative departments within the city government.

City Clerk's Photograph Collection

Series consists of photographs acquired by the Office of the City Clerk. Included are group photographs of City Councils for Fort William, Port Arthur and Thunder Bay from various years, photographs of children at sporting events and in school settings and portrait photographs of Aldermen, Mayors and City Clerks from various years. Also included in this series are early photographs of construction and development within the Thunder Bay region, photographs of accidents including train accidents and ship wrecks and a variety of early photographs showing the landscape of the region. Landscape photographs include images of industrial areas such as grain elevators, mills and mines in the district, Kakabeka Falls, views of the Kaministiquia River and Mount McKay, early street views of downtown Fort William and various railway bridges in the region, and photographs of the old Fort William City Hall.

Fire Department Photograph Collection

Series consists of photographs collected by Thunder Bay Fire Rescue and include photographs from the former fire departments of Fort William and Port Arthur. Included are photographs of formal ceremonies and other activities of the fire department, photograpghs of fire fighters combating fires in various areas of Thunder Bay and group photos of fire personnel.

Thunder Bay Fire Rescue consists of the following divisions; Fire Prevention and Investigation, Apparatus and Equipment, Fire Suppression, Training and Administration. Each division is led by a Director and is overseen by the Fire Chief and Deputy Fire Chief. At 2011, Thunder Bay Fire Rescue is positioned under Community and Emergency Services and reports to the General Manager of this department. The key responsibilities of the department include fire suppression, emergency planning, auto extrication, handling of hazardous materials, industrial accidents, medical assistance, fire prevention (including education and awareness strategies), and investigations and rescue operations in situations that involve high and low angles, water and ice and confined spaces.

Assessment Rolls

E. S. Rutledge was appointed in 1903 as the Collector of Rates for the Town of Fort William and retired at the end of 1905.

When established as a Town on April 14th, 1892 by the Province of Ontario, four wards were established in Fort William and their boundaries defined. Assessment rolls, currently in preparation by the township of Neebing, were to be transferred as appropriate to the new Town of Fort William for the collection of taxes. It is unknown who acted as the original assessment commissioner and tax collector for the Town of Fort William, however, J.J. Wells held the position from 1905 to 1912 and was the original Assessment Commissioner /Tax Collector for the newly incorporated City in 1907.

Under the Act Respecting Municipal Institutions 1914 (Chapter 192 Section 230) assessment commissioners could be appointed by a Council through a By-law. The records show Assessment Commissioners for the Town of Fort William as follows; J.J. Wells, 1905 to
1912 - Charles England, 1913- 1916 - R. Dagger 1931 to June 1945 (Hendersons) - Alexander Halliday appointed under By Law 3937 dated June 26th, 1945 and sworn in June 30, 1945 - 1950 Hendersons Lists J. A. Colvin as Assessment Commissioner - W. Paul Simpson appointed under By-law 4356 dated July 11th 1950 takes office August 8th - Wilbert Wray appointed under By-law 11-1957 dated February 26th, 1957.

Organized by Ward and Subdivision, details of the Assessment Rolls included the Name, Address and Occupation of the Property Owner, the street name, lot number, house number, plan number, size of the lot, The Rate, the Actual Land and Building Value, school support, number of children and whether the occupant was a tenant or an owner.

In addition to calculating property values for tax purposes, early Assessment rolls were used for election purposes to establish polling sub divisions and to determine eligibility to vote on the bases of property ownership.

Under By-law 4262 (1949) Assessment for the year was to be conducted between January and September, the assessment rolls to be returned to the City Clerk by dates specified in the bylaw. In the same year, a report prepared by Stevenson and Kellogg indicated that the Commissioner completed all assessments and that the department was overburdened, spending most of its time on the collection of taxes. It was recommended that the department be severed in order to have one assessment office and one tax office. In 1950 this division was completed and a new Assessment Commissioner was hired for the City of Fort William.

This series is virtually complete consisting of 817 bound volumes with detailed records of information for assessment purposes. Fort William Collector’s Rolls, Series 15 may substitute or be used to fill in any gaps in the Assessment Rolls.

Assessment Rolls - Industry

This series is a record of the assessment of industrial properties in the City.

When established as a Town on April 14th, 1892 by the Province of Ontario, four wards were established in Fort William and their boundaries defined. The researcher must know the street address in order to use the assessment rolls efficiently, as well the ward would be beneficial. In addition to calculating property values for tax purposes, early assessment rolls were used for election purposes to establish polling subdivisions and to determine eligibility to vote on the basis of property ownership.

Under the Act Respecting Municipal Institutions 1914 (Chapter 192 Section 230) assessment commissioners could be appointed by a Council through a By-law. Included in each Assessment Roll is a form called “Affidavit of Assessor in Verification of Assessment Roll” that has been notarized by the commissioner and assessor. The Town of Fort William’s Assessment Commissioners were A. McNaughton from 1915 to 1944 and D. M. Martin from 1945 to 1949 and 1951. The Assessors were Charles England from 1915 to 1918, J. Richard Dagger from 1919 through 1944, A. Halliday from 1945 to 1949 and W. Paul Simpson in 1951.

Organized by Ward and Subdivision, details of the Assessment Rolls included part or all of the following; Name, Address and Occupation of the Property Owner, Owner or Tenant, the street name, lot number, house number, plan number, size of the lot, Rate, Actual Value of Land, Building Value and total of both, school support and date of delivery of notice. Each book also includes a summary of assessment and details.

A supplementary Assessment Roll for 1915, 1916, and 1917 was produced.

This series is virtually complete consisting of 37 bound volumes with detailed records of information for assessment purposes.

City of Thunder Bay Council Minutes

Under the provisions of the Municipal Act (2001), City Council votes on the passing of new by-laws and the amendment of existing by-laws in Council meetings, based on recommendations and advice from the Office of the City Clerk. Council also delegates statutory responsibilities to sub-committees, and through Committee of the Whole Meetings, Council discusses critical issues covering the broad mandate of the City. It is through Council Meetings that decisions are made and resolutions are achieved.

This series contains minutes from Council meetings of The City of Thunder Bay. The City of Thunder Bay was officially incorporated under the City of the Lakehead Act (1969) when the former municipalities of Port Arthur, Fort William, Neebing and McIntyre were amalgamated. The merging of the municipalities occurred following a regional study prepared by the provincial Minister of Municipal Affairs in 1968. The study had been proposed by Saul Laskin, former Mayor of Port Arthur and first Mayor of Thunder Bay, and jointly signed by the Mayors of all five councils. The report recommended the merging of the municipalities citing benefits such as the economic promotion of the area and benefits of scale such as cost reductions and development opportunities. In 1969, a formal Organization Committee was established to prepare for the administration of the new City.

Following the formal amalgamation of the City, by-laws were established to set out the rules for procedure for Council meetings and the organization of policy committees to cover the various elements of government administration. In July 1970, Council approved the establishment of four policy committees which were divided into the following categories; Protection of Persons and Property, Health and Social Services, Recreation and Community Services and Planning. With changes to the corporate organization of city government throughout the 1970’s, policy committees had been reorganized. In 1978, under By-law 303-1978 (amended in 1979, 1981 and 1982) three Standing Committees were established relating to Engineering and Operations, Community Services and Community Planning and Development. These committees comprised of members of Council who wished to serve on them, with no fewer than seven members per committee. At 2011, Committee of the Whole Meetings are attended by all City Councilors and are divided into; Community Services, Planning, Operations and Administrative Services.

Between 1973 and 1976, Councilors were elected representatives from each of the four wards established for The City of Thunder Bay at that time; Fort William, Port Arthur, Neebing and McIntyre. From 1977, Council consisted of representatives from the newly established ward system which included the creation of seven distinct wards within the City; Current River, McKellar, Red River, Northwood, Westfort, McIntyre and Neebing. As of 1986, Council consisted of 12 members and the Mayor; one representative from each of the seven wards and 5 representatives reflecting the at large areas surrounding Thunder Bay. In accordance with Bylaw
139-2006, the 13 members of Council each serve a term of four years.

Mayors presiding over Council in the time reflected in this series include; Saul Laskin (1970-1972), Walter Assef (1973-1978 and 1981-1985), Dusty Miller (1979-1980), Jack Masters (1986-1991), David Hamilton (1992-1997) and Ken Boshcoff (1998-2003). The Office of the City Clerk is responsible for maintaining the records of proceedings for Council.

Series consists of meeting minutes of City Council for the City of Thunder Bay and include the adoption and consideration of minutes from the Committee of the Whole meetings, particularly relating to key issues such as capital expenditures, community plans and development, transportation, infrastructure, education, zoning applications and the approval or rejection of by-laws for the City. Also included are the minutes of the Organization Committee prior to the formal amalgamation of the City in 1970. Major issues discussed in these minutes include the organization study, plans for birthday celebrations for the City of Thunder Bay, and the establishment of an organizational structure for the amalgamated City.

Early minutes cover key establishment issues such as urban renewal schemes for the South and North ward, establishment of a Citizen Advisory Committee to encourage citizen participation in civic affairs, development of traffic systems and transportation for the City and the establishment of the Thunder Bay Public Library Board. Recent meeting minutes include issues relating to social services, the redevelopment of well-known properties in the City, civic recognition ceremonies, civic beautification, crime and capital budgets.

Urban Renewal Operations Files

The Urban Renewal Department was established as a department of The City of Thunder Bay upon amalgamation of the City in 1970. The department was headed by a Director of Urban Renewal, who reported to the City Coordinator. The main responsibilities of the department included property acquisition and the relocation of persons and businesses affected by these acquisitions, neighbourhood improvement, commercial development, including retail and parking areas, installations and improvements to city infrastructure and industrial development. Between 1970 and 1974, the Urban Renewal Department also engaged in social services activities including activities relating to welfare and job assistance. Following the reorganization of The City of Thunder Bay in 1975, the Urban Renewal Department became known as Urban Redevelopment and was incorporated under the Planning Department, reporting to the Director of Planning. It was at this time that social services activities were withdrawn from its portfolio.

Series consists of records of the Urban Renewal Department of the City of Thunder Bay and predominantly refers to the period of change and development immediately following amalgamation. The records of the Urban Renewal Department relate to a variety of areas within the City, however, the majority of records in this series refer to the development of the downtown area of the former Port Arthur ward. Included are agreements and draft agreements relating to construction, leases and property acquisition.

Predominant in this series are agreements with the construction company, Headway Corporation Ltd, and with various retail corporations. Also included in this series are construction and development contracts, correspondence, financial records relating to budgeting and cost estimation for urban renewal projects, site plans, meeting minutes and reports. In addition to the records of the Urban Renewal Department are records of the City Coordinator and meeting minutes of the nonprofit organization, Thunder Bay Community Projects Incorporated.

Included in this series are a small quantity of records of the former City of Port Arthur’s Urban Renewal Committee created prior to the amalgamation of Port Arthur with The City of Thunder Bay.

Indexes to Minutes

This series consists of index books for the Fort William Council. Each index is filed by year and contains an alphabetic order of topics with references to the page number where the topic was recorded in the Council Minute Book.

City of Fort William (Ont.)

Census Reports

Census Reports were prepared on a yearly basis by the Regional Assessment Office of the Province of Ontario and delivered to the Office of the City Clerk. Census Reports were prepared using information obtained from the Assessment Rolls in order to garner an
understanding of the resident population of the municipality and were used by the Province in the calculation of resource allocations and grants. Census Reports were not intended to serve as an official population count.

The Office of the City Clerk reports to the City Manager and is responsible for maintaining all legislative and administrative requirements necessary for the effective functioning of the City. The primary responsibilities of the Office of the City Clerk includes managing the registration of vital statistics information, preparing agendas for City Council, providing advice to Council regarding the policies and operations followed by the City and overseeing the assessment of property tax.

Series consists of Census Reports prepared by the Regional Assessment Office of the Province of Ontario and includes statistical information on the population of the City of Thunder Bay. The information is divided into ward and subdivision and contains the total number of people for each age group, total number of male and female residents and the total male and female residents under the category of public school and separate school support.

Administrative Reports

Series consists of reports prepared by various departments of The City of Thunder Bay relating to assessments of current practices and systems and recommendations for improvement which are brought forward to Council for consideration. Reports cover a range of topics and issues including contracts, agreements, by-laws, property acquisition and the sale of property, city infrastructure and development, transportation, parking, services and programs, civic organization, council and committee structure and the development and maintenance of parks and recreation facilities in The City of Thunder Bay. Reports feature attached resolutions detailing council’s recommendations in relation to the issues raised in each report.

Administrative Reports are maintained by the Office of the City Clerk. The Office of the City Clerk oversees all departments of the municipal government and the operations of City Council. The main responsibilities held by the Office of the City Clerk include: presenting proposed by-laws to Council; preparing agendas for Council and providing secretarial services for Council and Committees of Council.

Corporate Development Files

The Corporate Development Department was established in 1970 following the amalgamation of the City of Thunder Bay. The department was headed by a Manager of Corporate Development who reported to the Director of Corporate Planning and Development. This arrangement was revised in 1983 when the position of Director, Corporate Planning and Development was eliminated. As a result, the Manager of Corporate Development reported directly to the Chief Administrative Officer. Originally created to conduct internal evaluations of work, departmental staff, programs and services; the Corporate Development Department's mandate grew to include an extended list of responsibilities including; the development of policies and procedures for the City, human resources development, operational reviews, project management, conducting reports on streamlining productivity within the City and performing research on behalf of the Chief Administrative Officer. In addition to these responsibilities, the Corporate Development Department also managed corporate communications, conducted surveys on behalf of the City and administered the financial assistance program.

Series consists of records of the former Corporate Development Department of the City of Thunder Bay. Included are reports, correspondence and studies relating to the assessment and review of municipal departments, committees and city programs and services. Also included in this series are Progress Reports from the Chief Administrative Officer, records relating to long term strategic planning and the corporate structure of the City and reports detailing recommendations for improvements to productivity within various municipal departments. Records are arranged in chronological order.

Fire Investigation Reports

The City of Thunder Bay was born on January 1, 1970 as a result of the amalgamation of two cities - Port Arthur and Fort William, and two townships - McIntyre and Neebing. The Thunder Bay Fire and Rescue Service (formerly known as Thunder Bay Fire Department, Thunder Bay Fire Service) was created at the same time. Currently, it operates from eight fire stations and responds to fires, explosions, auto extrications and hazardous material spills. It also specializes in rescues involving industrial accidents, rappelling, water/ice and confined space.

This series consists of fire investigation reports, vehicle fire reports, witness reports, casualty reports, investigation photos, correspondence from the Fire Marshals Office, insurance companies, courts, and other documents relating to investigations of fires that happened in the Thunder Bay area from 1980 to 2000.

Files from 1987 are missing.

Mountain View Cemetery Burial Permits

This series mainly consists of Mountain View Cemetery and some St. Patrick's Cemetery Burial Permits. There are also Burial Permits and Acknowledgment of Registration of Death, Burial-Removal-Transit Permits, Burial-Transit Permits, Certificates of Cremation, Certificates of Death, Certificates of Registration of Death, Disposition-Removal Permits, Permits for Disposition of Human Remains from other provinces and countries.

Most of the records are issued between 1967 and 1996. Only one was issued in 1940.

Mountain View Cemetery Indentures

This series mainly consists of Mountain View Cemetery Indentures. Some of the indentures have two copies because the purchaser’s copies were returned to the cemetery. The cancelled indentures were removed during the accessioning process.

Daily Operational Logs - Water Pollution Control Plant

On April 1st, 1977, the Thunder Bay Water Pollution Control System was transferred from the Ministry of Environment to the City of Thunder Bay. The system consisted of two primary treatment facilities. One was located on Atlantic Avenue in the South Ward, the other was located on Main Street in the North Ward. In November 1977, the expansion of the south plant was finished, and the north plant ceased from operation. In 1999, the City of Thunder Bay adopted the Pollution Prevention and Control Plan. The treatment process utilized at the plant was upgraded. In 2004, the City of Thunder Bay received a $25-million joint funding from the Government of Canada, which marked that the Thunder Bay Wastewater Treatment Project entered into a new phase. This funding will be used to upgrade the Water Pollution Control Plant from primary to secondary treatment and allows the city to complete the work required to improve the sewer collection system and enhance the sewage treatment process.

This series consists of Daily Operational Log and Daily Inspection Reports.

Resultados 1 a 20 de 65