- ON00120 041
- 1937 - 1963
Fondy pozostávajú z jednej knihy zápisníc.
Canadian Slovak Benefit Society Branch 21
89 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
Fondy pozostávajú z jednej knihy zápisníc.
Canadian Slovak Benefit Society Branch 21
Fondy pozostávajú z jednej knihy zápisníc a dvoch pokladničných kníh Odboru č. 43 Kanadského slovenského podporného spolku.
Kanadský slovenský podporný spolok, Odbor 43
The Buchanan family fonds consists mostly of correspondence, invitations, photographs, books and other types of documents. The records pertain to the years that George and Lilla Buchanan were residents of Sudbury. Most of the correspondence is between Lilla Buchanan and her family and friends. There are also letters of congratulations for the appointment of George Buchanan as King's Counsel. A program, photographs and a newspaper clipping document the Royal Visit to Sudbury on June 5, 1939. The photographs of the fonds depict the Buchanan family and their friends. There are also 11 copies of photographs depicting Sudbury in the early 1900s, people of the community, and early railway construction.
Buchanan, George Edmund, 1875-1941
Fonds pertains to the work of Charles A. Walters as Manager of Napanee P.U.C. Fonds is comprised of the following series: Ledger (cash book of Napanee Hydro, 1908-1910) Napanee P.U.C. financial reports, 1943-1961 Napanee P.U.C. minutes 1958-1961 Clippings, ephemera, personal notes Two publications on hydro-electric power in Ontario
Walters, Charles A. (Charles Augustus), 1879-1963
The fonds consists of minute and cash books, Tweedsmuir History Books, photographs, house histories, a Life Membership certificate, publications, and subject files pertaining to the activities of the Napanee Women’s Institute. Fonds is comprised of the following series: Series 1: Minutes Series 2: Tweedsmuir history books Series 3: Publications Series 4: Photographs Series 5: Life memberships Series 6: Objects
Napanee Women’s Institute
Fonds consists of records and other material created and accumulated by George Rumpel during the time of his executive role at the Rumpel Felt Company. Fonds include handwritten and carbon copies of business correspondence, in addition to other private correspondence, business receipts and invoices,a ledger, order book, and one photograph of George Rumpel. Creators of correspondence include Rumpel Felt Co., George Rumpel, Walter Rumpel, and Oscar Rumpel. Correspondence exchanged with: Industrial Commission, Canadian Asbestos Company, The Berlin Asbestos Company, McArthur Irwin, The C.S. Hyman Company Ltd., The Grosch Felt Shoe Company, The Great North Western Telegraph Company, The Grassell Chemical Company, The Grand Trunk Railway System, The Goldie & McCulloch Company, The Galt, Preston & Hespeler Railway Company, Forwell Foundry Ltd., R. Forbes Company, John Fennell & Son, The Employers Association of Waterloo County, Ellis & Howard, J & R Elliott, J.E. Edwards & Sons, Eaton-Clark Company, the Atteaux Dye Stuff & Chemical Co. Fonds is comprised of the following series: Correspondence Receipts and Invoices Ledgers and Order Books Photographs
Rumpel, George (1850-1916)
This fonds consists of the official records of Whitby, including Council Minutes, 1855-1960; By-laws, 1855-1966; Board and Committee Minutes, 1861-1954; Assessment and Collectors Rolls, 1855-1960; Board of Health Records 1934-1957; Court Records, 1928-1955.
Fonds consists of the official records of Whitby Township, including Council Minutes, 1852-1967; By-laws, 1850-1967; Board and Committee Minutes, 1884-1966; Assessment and Collectors Rolls, 1848-1968; and Clerk-Treasurer's Records, 1837-1967.
Whitby (Ont. : Township)
The collection consists of records of various private businesses which operated in Hastings County, Ontario, which were gathered as a unit by the Hastings County Historical Society. Various kinds of activities and occupations are represented: collection of duties; public utilities; loan; general merchants; grocery; temperance; insurance; engineering; surveying; railway. Most of the individuals and some of the corporate bodies responsible for the creation of papers included in this fonds operated at a local or regional level, while most of the corporate bodies were subordinate to larger entities; most of these individuals and corporate bodies were located in Belleville. The fonds is comprised of business correspondence, registers of various kinds, cash books, ledgers, account books, journals, day books, and accounts receivable books.
Hastings County Historical Society
Textual records consist of Vaughan Township Council minutes (1930), voters lists (1958, 1964, 1968, 1970), annual report of Council (1947, 1964), report of Waterworks Committee (1964) and sundry material. Numerous legal documents relating to the Bryson property, east half of lot 34, concession 7 are present and these include the original deed conveying the subject lands to James McMurchy in 1841, as well as the last will and testament of James and Archibald McMurchy, respectively. Also present is advertising material regarding Vaughan Industrial Acres, and a report on historically and architecturally significant structures in Vaughan (1975) and a biographical sketch of Major "Lex" Mackenzie. Images depict the class of 1916 of the Agricultural Short Course offered by the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, the Maple Cattle Breeders Association (1946) and architecture and streetscapes in Vaughan Township (1920-1976, predominantly 1975-1976). A number of the photographs appear to be formatted for the production of G. E. Reaman's 1971 monograph regarding Vaughan Township.
A small aggregate of early 20th century postcards relating to Vaughan and Woodbridge collected by Jesse Bryson round out the fonds. The records donated by the Brysons in 2000 are composed of Vaughan Council minutes from 1867-1972, correspondence, electoral boundary maps, Vaughan Township by-laws (1850-1983) and policies, reports from the Vaughan Planning Department, election brochures, voter lists, community pamphlets for events in which Jesse either participated or attended, papers from the Soil Conservation Society of America, the Metropolitan Toronto and Region Conservation Authority, York County Federation of Agriculture, and Black Creek Pioneer Village, Vaughan Treasurer Accounts from 1893-1905, Vaughan Auditors Reports, planning reports from the C.N.R. Railyard, 2 1918 photographs from the Agricultural Short Course, pamphlets and papers from the International Plowing Match, reports from the Purpleville School Board of Trustees, posters and letters concerning the Vaughan Liquor Vote of 1963, records from the Vaughan Museum Committee, annual reports from the York Central Hospital, letters and reports from the Soil Conservation Society of America, tax assessments from 1921-1970, letters from the Agricultural Institute of Canada, programs from the opening of the Bloorview Children’s Hospital, newsletters and correspondence regarding the Liberal Party, a Plan of Farm Operations from 1963, newsletters and posters regarding Ontario’s Bicentennial and newspaper clippings regarding both Jesse Bryson’s personal life and career.
Bryson, Jesse, 1921-1997
Fonds consists of photographs which illustrate the work and formal attire of the day typical of rural Ontario, horses raised on the farm, period automobiles, architectural structures located on the farm, a tractor-drawn combine, as well as personalities associated with the farm.
Fonds consists of cemetery committee minutes, burial registers indicating burials from 1840-1976, plot index, legal documents, correspondence and site plan delineating burial locations and indicating names of interees; also includes plot plans (with names of interees) for 1864 and 1966.
St. Paul's Presbyterian Church (Vaughan, Ont.). Cemetery Committee
Fonds constituted of a parish register, delineating births, confirmations, marriages, and burials from 1832-1981; vestry minutes, 1843-1859; accounts, 1854-1939; collections, 1845-1853; communion record 1846; vestry books, 1898-1985; and Women's Auxiliary minutes, 1960-1969. Specifications of parish hall, 1962, etc. in original fonds but were not included in the microfilm copy provided to the City of Vaughan Archives. Fonds also constituted of minute books from the Anglican Church Women, 1902-1964; correspondence, newsletters, newspaper clippings, service programs and pamphlets, parish directories, photographs, slides, videocassettes, a history of the church, and various artifacts such as offering dishes and a communion visitation set.
St. Stephen’s Anglican Church (Maple, Ont.)
Collection consists of copies of transcriptions of abstract indexes to deeds, nominal and agricultural census records regarding John McDonald and other members of the McDonald family from the Vaughan Township. Included is a copy of the Crown Deed granting John McDonald land in Vaughan, his will and biographical sketch of foregoing; and data on McDonald family farms in Maple and Vellore. Histories of the hamlet of Vellore, the Vellore Old Boys Association, the Vellore School and Township Hall also form part of this collection.
Graphic material includes photograpic copyprints of original visual documentation of Vellore, the Cameron Road Carts company as well as John McDonald and his family (Samuel, Dugald, Donald McDonald etc.). Images provide good coverage of Vellore during the late 1800's to mid-1930's and of note are two images of Vellore Football Team from 1908 and 1928.
McDonald, Henry, collector
Fonds consists of Quarterly Board minutes of Teviotdale Methodist Circuit (includes Teviotdale, Wagram), 1884-1897.
Teviotdale Methodist Circuit (Ont.)
Fonds consists of marriage register of Ridgeway Methodist Circuit, 1890-1896.
Ridgeway Methodist Circuit (Ont.)
Fonds consists of records of Trinity Evangelical Association Church, including Campden Conference, 1841-1918; records, including marriages, 1899-1947, of Trinity Evangelical Church, 1899-1947; records, including baptisms, 1849-1948, and marriages, 1858-1949, of Trinity Evangelical United Brethren Church, 1849-1966; board minutes of Campden - Vineland Pastoral Charge, 1962-1998; records, including marriages, 1922-1953, of Vineland United Church (includes Vineland Presbyterian Church), 1911-1982; records, including marriages, 1989-1991, of Trinity United Church, 1925-1998.
Campden - Vineland Pastoral Charge (Ont.)
Fonds consists of baptisms, 1847-1924, communion registers, 1847-1891, Session minutes, 1847-1903, Congregational minutes, 1860-1897, Managers minutes, 1895-1897, of Strabane Presbyterian Church.
Strabane Presbyterian Church (Ont.)
Fonds consists of baptism register, 1870-1930, Young People's Guild minutes, 1870-1930, of St. Andrew's United Church, Vittoria.
St. Andrew's United Church (Vittoria, Ont.)
Fonds consists of records, including marriages, 1891-1909, of Bethany Methodist Circuit (includes Bethany, Ebenezer Church in Manvers Township, Fleetwood, Franklin, Janetville, Lifford, Yelverton), 1879-1909; Trustee Board minutes of Bethany Methodist Church, 1864-1897; records, including baptisms, 1910-1920, marriages, 1910-1911, and burials, 1910-1920, of Lifford Methodist Circuit (includes Lifford, Fleetwood, Yelverton), 1910-1920; marriage register of Bethany Pastoral Charge (includes Bethany Methodist Circuit, Bethany, Ebenezer Church in Manvers Township, Fleetwood, Franklin, Yelverton), 1909-1953; records, including baptisms, 1909-1958, marriages, 1909-1955, burials, 1909-1959, of Manvers Pastoral Charge (includes Bethany Methodist Circuit, Bethany Pastoral Charge, Manvers, Bethany, Janetville, Manvers Station, Mount Horeb, Pontypool, Yelverton), 1909-1963; records of Fleetwood United Church (includes Fleetwood Methodist Church), 1908-1945.
Manvers Pastoral Charge (Ont.)