Print preview Close

Showing 160 results

Archival description
CA ON00154 2018.38.1 · Item · 1846

An official copy of the 1846 Plan of Port Hope Harbour and an overlaid Plan for a New Harbour by surveyor Peter Fleming.

The plan shows Peter Fleming's proposed Harbour plan in red, the Office of the Board of Work's plan in Green, and the present Harbour lands and piers in yellow.

Fleming, Peter
CA ON00154 2018.6.42 · Item · 1847

Item is the Affidavit of Johiah Beers regarding the location of an original surveying post in the south-west corner of Lot 18 Concession 2.

Names Mentioned:
Johiah Beers
Asa Burnham, Deputy Surveyor
John H. Roche, Provincial Land Surveyor

CA ON00154 2018.6.33 · Item · 1852

Item is a declaration of the shareholders of a new company named 'The Lake Ontario Road Company' in Port Britain.

Names mentioned:
Felix Powers
Daniel Brand
Joseph Haskill
Joseph Harris
Robert B. Marsh
Ralph Wade
Jonathan Brand
Thomas Wallace
Francis Little
Charles Meadows
John Barrowclough
C. F. Ruttan
William Glen
William Mounter (?)
William S. Gifford
Thomas Spry
? Dare (?)
Joseph Symons
Luke B. Jacob
George Lyall
Reuben P. Grant
William Potts
James S. Milligan
John Wade
Thomas Campbell
Robert Bedford
Robert Dean
Nathan Choat

(4 other signatures illegible)

CA ON00154 2018.6.7 · Item · 1855

Item is the 'Constitution and Bye-Laws of the Perrytown Mechanics Institute', written in 1855. Includes the names and signatures of those signing the constitution, a list of books purchased and their cost, and the bylaws.

Names Mentioned:

William Boland
James Dunbar
Joseph Wilson
John Murray
Samuel Corbett
Aaron Choate
James Wilson
Edmund Wilson
John Caldwell
John Dunbar
William Louis
James Gray
Richard Stephens

CA ON00154 MPH18.1 · Item · 1856 - 1857

Item is a 'Port Hope Harbour Plan of Extension' created in 1856 by Thomas C. Clarke, Engineer. Plan shows the Lake and harbour area up to Augusta Street and the Market Square. Includes later notations and drawings overlaid on the plan which show the Midland Roundhouse and railway line, water depths in the harbour area, and modifications to the harbour drawing- one modification is labelled as May 18, 1857. The back of the plan includes notes about the cost of the harbour between 1852-1867.