Showing 976 results

Archival description
R.A.M. Stewart fonds
Print preview View:

958 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Arthur Cole Verner

This photograph, likely taken from an unknown published source, shows Arthur Cole Verner, the headmaster of the first Grammar School from 1842 to 1847.

American Hotel

This photograph shows the American Hotel, located on the corner of Gordon and Essex Streets.

North Ward School

This photograph shows children and teachers in front of the North Ward School on King Street in Guelph.

Old Collegiate

This photograph shows the Old Collegiate on Paisley and Yorkshire Streets, the predecessor to the Guelph Collegiate Vocational Institute. Beside the main building is the drill shed.

Old Collegiate

This photograph shows the Guelph Collegiate Institute at Paisley and Yorkshire Streets. This building was torn down about 1960 to make way for the new Guelph Collegiate Vocational Institute.

Rev. Robert Torrance

Shown here is the Reverend Robert Torrance, Superintendent of Guelph Public Schools from 1856-1892 and Secretary to the School Board from 1857-1892.

Highland Cadets

This photograph was taken on the steps of the Central School and shows the members of the Highland Cadets.

Emily Hayward

This photograph shows Emily Hayward who ran her own private school in Guelph.

Miss Whyte's private school

The building shown here, at the corner of Norfolk and Suffolk Streets, housed Miss Whyte's private school and later the Miss Macdonald's private school.

Dr. John Howitt

This photograph shows Dr. John Howitt whose office was located on Essex Street in Guelph.

Dr. Henry Howitt

This photograph shows Dr. Henry Howitt going into his house at 221 Woolwich Street, Guelph.

James Anderson

This photograph shows James Anderson, known as the "Laird of Puslinch," his wife Felicia Howitt, daughter of John Howitt, their son Andrew Anderson, and daughter Grace Anderson.

James Anderson

This photograph, likely taken from a book or newspaper, shows James Anderson, first President of the South Wellington Agricultural Society.

Charles E. Howitt

This photograph shows Charles E. Howitt in front of his home on Waterloo Avenue.

F.W. Stone

This photograph shows F.W. Stone who owned Stone's Store on Gordon Street. He also owned a 500-acre cattle farm which he sold in 1873 to the Ontario Government and which subsequently became the Ontario Agricultural College.

Moreton Lodge

Moreton Lodge, shown here, was the home of F.W. Stone when the farm was purchased in 1873 by the Ontario Government. It became the first school building of the Ontario School of Agriculture in 1874.

Results 161 to 180 of 976