Showing 976 results

Archival description
R.A.M. Stewart fonds
Print preview View:

958 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

St. Andrew's Church

This photograph shows St. Andrew's Church at Suffolk and Norfolk Streets. This church was furnished and opened for the first time July 1st, 1859.

Norfolk Street

This photograph looks north up Norfolk Street towards St. Andrew's Church. The house shown here belonged to Charles Raymond, a prominent local businessman.

Rev. John Hogg

This photograph shows the Reverend John Hogg, Minister of St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church from 1858-1877.

St. George's Church

This photograph shows the front of St. George's Church when it was located in St. George's Square.

St. George's Church

This photograph depicts the completion of construction on the spires of St. George's Church. The photograph looks east across the Speed River from Eramosa Hill.

Archdeacon Palmer's house

Known as Tyrcathleen (and later as Ker Cavan), Archdeacon Palmer's house is shown here in this photograph.

St. George's Church

This photograph looks west across the Speed River at St. George's Church, shortly after its construction.

St. George's Church

This photograph was taken from Horsman's Hill and shows St. George's Church from a distance.

Arthur Palmer

This photograph shows Arthur Palmer, Rector of St. George's Church from 1832-1875 and Archdeacon of Toronto.


The rear of Tyrcathleen (now known as Ker Cavan) is shown in this photograph. Tyrcathleen was built by the Archdeacon Arthur Palmer on Stuart Street in Guelph.


This photograph shows Tyrcathleen (now known as Ker Cavan), the house built by the Archdeacon Arthur Palmer on Stuart Street in Guelph.

Congregational Church

Here is shown the construction of the Congregational Church at Norfolk and Liverpool Streets.

1st Volunteer Rifle Company

This photograph shows the members of the 1st Volunteer Rifle Company. In the back can be seen St. Bartholomew's Church.

St. Barthlolomew's Church

This photograph of St. Bartholomew's Church was taken on the day of the laying of the foundation stone of the Church of Our Lady by Bishop Connory, delegate apostolic. As the Church of Our Lady was built, it gradually replaced St. Bartholomew's.

Bishop Macdonell

This photograph is likely taken from a book and shows Bishop Alexander Macdonell, Catholic Bishop of Ontario. The Bishop visited Guelph in 1827 and it is commonly believed that Macdonell St. is named in his honour.

St. Bartholomew's Church

Looking west along Macdonell Street, this photograph shows St. Bartholomew's Church, the predecessor to the Church of Our Lady.

Knox Church

This photograph shows Knox Church at Baker and Quebec Streets shortly after its construction in 1869.

First Baptist Church

This photograph shows the First Baptist Church on Woolwich St. On May 7th, 1872, the cornerstone of the Baptist Church was laid by Rev. Thomas Leslie Davidson.

Results 141 to 160 of 976