Showing 1488 results

Archival description
Esquesing Historical Society Collection
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

Back In 1911

Limehouse. Back in 1911. Mr. W. Gowdy, manager of the Toronto Lime Company, has purchased the property on the second line owned by James Brown. There are 100 acres on the property and it has a large quantity of timber suitable for kiln wood, which will be used at the lime kilns at the "Dolly". Newspaper photo from the Free Press. Feb. 16, 1911

Ballinafad Hotel

Ballinafad. Beatrice Hilts. Ballinafad Hotel. Photo referred to in 9.15.01. Hotel fire, August 17, 1912, described in the Acton Free Press. Page 2. Newspaper photo from the Acton Free Press. February 4, 1970

Ballinafad Women’s Institute

Ballinafad. Ballinafad Women’s Institute. Robert Armstrong took this photo of the first Ballinafad Women's Institute in 1907. The names were supplied by Mrs. Archie McEnery and the photo by Ella Harding. Front row: (from the left) Mrs. Henry Shortill, Matthew (about three), Agnes, Mrs. McEnery, Mrs. Peter Ferguson Jr., Mrs. Peter Ferguson Sr., Mrs. George Milney (wife of the Presbyterian Minister), and Joanna Ferguson. (Miss Ferguson's marriage to Frank Binnie was the only wedding conducted in the Presbyterian Church in Ballinafad). Middle row: Mrs. Byron Thompson (Institute president), Mrs. Richard Shortill (writer on the pioneer letter published elsewhere in this issue), Mr. and Mrs. Windship (hotel owners in Ballinafad), Mrs. Donald McLean Sr., Anne Jane McClure, and Liz Gartney. Back row: Mrs. John R. Sinclair, Mrs. Frank Betts (Ballinafad store owner's wife), Mrs. Dave McEnery, Mrs. John Lindsay, Annie Shortill, Mrs. Jim Nichols Sr., Mrs. Blake Leslie, Mary Chambers and Jennie Binnie. Page 39. Newspaper photo from the Georgetown Herald. June 21, 1978

Results 121 to 140 of 1488