Showing 976 results

Archival description
R.A.M. Stewart fonds
Print preview View:

958 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Charles E. Howitt

This photograph shows Charles E. Howitt in front of his home on Waterloo Avenue.

The Lilacs

This photograph shows the home of Robert Stewart located at 148 Wyndham Street in Guelph. The woman sitting on the steps is Phoebe Stewart. This house burned down in 1921.

Robert Stewart Lumber Company

This photograph shows several people, presumably staff, standing in front of the Robert Stewart lumber factory on Upper Wyndham Street.

Robert Stewart Lumber

This photograph shows Robert Stewart standing in the doorway of the Robert Stewart Lumber factory on Upper Wyndham Street.

Wyndham Street

This photograph shows the intersection of Wyndham and Woolwich Streets with Eramosa Road. To the right is Trafalgar Square. The New Wellington Hotel is shown on the left and from there, proceeding to the right of the image can be seen the factor...

Eramosa bridge

This photograph shows the Eramosa bridge and Eramosa Hill as well as the Guelph Carriage Works.

Eramosa bridge

This photograph shows a close-up of the bridge over the Speed River at Eramosa Road.

Eramosa bridge

This photograph shows the bridge over the Speed River at Eramosa Road.

Robert Stewart

This photograph shows Robert Stewart, founder of the Robert Stewart Lumber Company in Guelph.

Carriage works

In this photograph are shown McConnell's Carriage Works and the Guelph Carriage Works which were located near the Eramosa Bridge where now stands Trafalgar Park.

First Baptist Church

This photograph shows the First Baptist Church on Woolwich St. On May 7th, 1872, the cornerstone of the Baptist Church was laid by Rev. Thomas Leslie Davidson.

Knox Church

This photograph shows Knox Church at Baker and Quebec Streets shortly after its construction in 1869.

St. Bartholomew's Church

Looking west along Macdonell Street, this photograph shows St. Bartholomew's Church, the predecessor to the Church of Our Lady.

Bishop Macdonell

This photograph is likely taken from a book and shows Bishop Alexander Macdonell, Catholic Bishop of Ontario. The Bishop visited Guelph in 1827 and it is commonly believed that Macdonell St. is named in his honour.

Tyrcathleen

This photograph shows Tyrcathleen (now known as Ker Cavan), the house built by the Archdeacon Arthur Palmer on Stuart Street in Guelph.

Tyrcathleen

The rear of Tyrcathleen (now known as Ker Cavan) is shown in this photograph. Tyrcathleen was built by the Archdeacon Arthur Palmer on Stuart Street in Guelph.

Arthur Palmer

This photograph shows Arthur Palmer, Rector of St. George's Church from 1832-1875 and Archdeacon of Toronto.

Arthur Cole Verner

This photograph, likely taken from an unknown published source, shows Arthur Cole Verner, the headmaster of the first Grammar School from 1842 to 1847.

Results 81 to 100 of 976