Showing 976 results

Information object
R.A.M. Stewart fonds
Print preview View:

958 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Arthur Cole Verner

This photograph, likely taken from an unknown published source, shows Arthur Cole Verner, the headmaster of the first Grammar School from 1842 to 1847.

Old Collegiate

This photograph shows the Old Collegiate on Paisley and Yorkshire Streets, the predecessor to the Guelph Collegiate Vocational Institute. Beside the main building is the drill shed.

Old Collegiate

This photograph shows the Guelph Collegiate Institute at Paisley and Yorkshire Streets. This building was torn down about 1960 to make way for the new Guelph Collegiate Vocational Institute.

Emily Hayward

This photograph shows Emily Hayward who ran her own private school in Guelph.

Dr. John Howitt

This photograph shows Dr. John Howitt whose office was located on Essex Street in Guelph.

Moreton Lodge

Moreton Lodge, shown here, was the home of F.W. Stone when the farm was purchased in 1873 by the Ontario Government. It became the first school building of the Ontario School of Agriculture in 1874.

Wyndham Street

This photograph shows the intersection of Wyndham and Woolwich Streets with Eramosa Road. To the right is Trafalgar Square. The New Wellington Hotel is shown on the left and from there, proceeding to the right of the image can be seen the factory and residence of Robert Stewart, Dr. Tuck's office, and the American Hotel and its stable.

Robert Stewart Lumber Company

This photograph shows several people, presumably staff, standing in front of the Robert Stewart lumber factory on Upper Wyndham Street.

The Lilacs

This photograph shows the home of Robert Stewart located at 148 Wyndham Street in Guelph. The woman sitting on the steps is Phoebe Stewart. This house burned down in 1921.

Raymond Sewing Machine factory

This photograph shows the original Raymond Sewing Machine factory located between Yarmouth and Baker Streets in Guelph. This factory was destroyed by fire in 1875.

153rd Wellington

This photograph shows Canon Davidson of St. George's Church blessing the colours of the 153rd Wellington County Battalion before they went overseas in 1916. The picture was taken at "The Palace," the old exhibition building in Exhibition Park.

Maple Leafs

This photograph shows the Guelph Maple Leafs, a professional baseball club. George Sleeman is the man wearing the bowler hat in the back row.

Maple Leafs

This photograph shows the Maple Leaf baseball team sitting in the bleachers at the Exhibition Park ball field.

Resultaten 961 tot 976 van 976