- CA ON00408 F004
Fonds relates to Pennock's time as a student at North Bay Normal School. It consists of one file of drawings.
Fonds relates to Pennock's time as a student at North Bay Normal School. It consists of one file of drawings.
Fonds documents Roseborough's time as a student at North Bay Normal School. It consists of one album of photographs.
The Uffelman Fonds contain a collection of letters written by three brothers, Sheldon, William, and Orley Uffelman of Waterloo, ON, during the First World War.
Note that the transcription of each letter is under the "Scope and Content" section of each file, as well as a downloadable .pdf of each original letter.
The Dr. F. W. Luney fonds consists of 14 series (and 2 subseries) of records chronicling his scholarly beginnings as a medical student at the University of Western Ontario, his appointment as Senior Pathologist at Victoria Hospital, and the extent of his professional career as Clinical Laboratory Chief at St. Joseph’s Hospital until his retirement in 1961. During his career, Dr. Luney would enlist in the Canadian Army Medical Services Division during WWI, establish a Clinical Pathology Laboratory at St. Joseph’s Hospital in 1928, conduct extensive research in blood transfusion techniques, direct the opening of the Blood Bank Department and St. Joseph’s Hospital in 1945, establish private consulting services for smaller hospitals in southern Ontario, and create the Dr. F. W. Luney Fund to raise funds for the Medical Library at St. Joseph’s Hospital. Records of note include: well-maintained, original photographs of Dr. Luney and fellow classmates posing with a cadaver; records created to document body parts and organs donated to Luney’s private “Museum”; personal notebooks outlining his medical training and professional experiences; a selection of diplomas and certificates; records of his $5,000 donation to the Medical Library at St. Joseph’s Hospital; photographs depicting the two-person multiple syringe apparatus he invented; notes from lectures and seminars that he gave on pathology and blood transfusion-related subjects; and a 60th anniversary portrait of Dr. F. W. Luney with his fellow 1914 graduates.
Luney, Dr. F. W.
Series contains scrapbooks and photo albums, notes, cards, DVDs created and used by staff, meeting minutes, financial records from the Time Out program (1975-1980), program brochures, administrative records, annals from 1975-1990, newspaper articles about Medaille Retreat House, colour photographs, colour photograph negatives, and historical information about the retreat centre.
Medaille Retreat House
The series contains booklets, information sheets, and newsletters related to Catholic prayer, rituals, and services in both independent and guided forms.
The series contains correspondence, newsletters, photographs, scrapbooks, postcards, diagrams, clippings, bulletins, brochures, programs, song sheets, posters, publications, dramatic scripts, and reports. This material is related to the history of the third Mother House of the Sisters of St. Joseph in London, which was called Mount St. Joseph. There is information about the construction of the building and detailed information about its special features and decoration, including the Immaculate Conception Chapel, and its grounds, particularly the Grotto. The records also relate to planning the construction of, and move to, the Sisters’ residence in 2007, and the sale of the Mount St. Joseph building and property. There are records which reflect communal life in the convent, including the various organized groups, events, and dramatic and musical entertainment, and menus and meal planning. The series contains records related to men religious who served at the Mother House, and other Diocesan correspondence. Information about both Fatima Hall and Ignatia Hall can be found, including the various uses of space in these buildings.
Mount St. Joseph Motherhouse
Fonds consists of histories written about the hospital, a newspaper, newspaper clippings, correspondence, a memorandum of agreement, financial papers, a staff list, an invitation, and a newsletter.
Rimbey Hospital, Alta.
This series contains records related to general roles and duties that Sisters held in their ministries. There are also records concerning specific professional roles, including homemaker, nurse, music teacher and teacher. Records take the form of handwritten and typed notes on the ministries performed by individual sisters in 1999, and lists of sisters that performed specific roles in the congregation.
This series contains the records of the committees, meeting minutes and newsletters. Newsclippings on social justice issues, particularly poverty and human trafficking but also including the London Housing crisis, women’s rights, refugee rights, indigenous rights, the 2001 September 11th terrorist attack, the 2003 War in Iraq, The 1997 Kyoto protocol, and the Israeli occupation of Palestine. It also includes intercongregational correspondence, photographs, correspondence with government and protest groups, fliers, brochures, and information leaflets on events and campaigns in London, Canada, and abroad.
Fonds consists of the manuscripts, journals, correspondence, teaching and student materials of the author and professor of English, Sheila Watson. Also consists of collections of correspondence purchased and preserved by Watson for the purpose of her doctoral thesis and personal interest in Wyndham Lewis. The fonds also includes a sous-fonds of material related to Watson's role as editor of the literary arts journal White Pelican (1971-1974).
The White Pelican editorial material sous-fonds series consists of :
I. Editorial Records
II. Financial Records
III. Design and printing records
Sheila Watson fonds series consist of :
I. Diaries, reading journals and day planners
II. Manuscripts and drafts
III. General correspondence
IV. Publishing records and business correspondence
V. Professional activities materials
VI. Student material
VII. Teaching material
VIII. Research and reference materials
IX. Financial and legal records
X. Personal photographs
XI. Personal records, artwork and artifacts
Watson, Sheila, 1909-1998
The fonds consists of minutes, by-laws, agreements, correspondence, reports, financial records , maps and plans which documents virtually all aspects of municipal rights, responsibilities and activities. As a result of a disastrous fire in March of 1903, which destroyed the original Town Hall and almost all of the municipality’s early records, there is relatively little documentation covering Fort William’s first decade. The post 1903 records, however, reflect all categories of municipal functions, and responsibilities including council, administration, finance, waterworks, roads, planning, building, engineering, public transportation, parks, recreation, telephone, welfare, police and fire service.
City of Fort William (Ont.)
This fonds consists of administrative, financial, judicial, and photographic records documenting the operation of the Town of Sudbury.
Town of Sudbury
This fonds consists of one DVD copy of a VHS copy of a film, originally on 16mm.
The Barrie Fonds contain material relating to the Canadian Militia from 1914 to 1945. The documents include fields booklets and pamphlets, photographs, maps, diaries, journals, and newspaper clippings pertaining to both the First and Second World War.
The Beach Fonds contain the papers, letters, photos, memoirs, and diaries of Professor Horace D. Beach from during and after the Second World War, including various papers on education, politics, relationships and sexuality.
Horace D. Beach
Fonds consists of two accessions of records donated by Bert O'Hearn, grandson of James Albert "Bert" Hillson, who was Peel County Jail (Gaol) governor from 1935 to 1943. Accession 2003.017 (file 1) comprises correspondence (including telegrams) to James Hillson in his capacity as jail governor, as well as other ephemera and documentary memorabilia collected during his tenure. Correspondence notably includes letters from Salvation Army prison secretary Wallace Bunton regarding prisoner welfare, and letters from prisoners and family members of prisoners. Other documents include copies of official records pertaining to the trial and death by hanging of Gordon Ross Matthew in 1941. Peel County Gaol letterhead is included in this accession.
Note that several items are currently on display in the jail exhibit of the museum. These include a receipt for the effects of Gordon Matthew (1941), letter from Kingston Penitentiary (1944), letter from family of "Ken" (1941).
Accession 2016.031 (files 2 and 3) comprises records documenting the activities of Mildred O'Hearn nee Hillson, the daughter of James Bert Hillson and the mother of Bert O'Hearn (the donor), and her husband William "Bill" O'Hearn, as well as other relatives. Notably records include photographs of James Bert Hillson and youngest son, John Hillson, as well as "Aunt Annie," posing outside the jail. Photographs and ephemera document the Brampton-based social activities of both Mildred and William which include church and musical involvement. Photographs depict the following: employees at Copeland-Catterson Ltd. in 1960; various lacrosse teams ca. 1900 and 1924, the Ionic Male Choir of Brampton in 1949; Brampton High School class of 1926-7; the Brampton Citizen's Band in 1955; what is possibly Grace Church Choir in the 1930s in the church's sanctuary; the Grace Church Choir production of Iolanthe ca. 1930, Baptist Church softball team c. 1930.
Fonds consists of slides focusing on the architecture of Peel County, but including images from elsewhere in the province. While Beck was a resident of northern Chinguacousy Township, now part of the Town of Caledon, her images skew to downtown Brampton. Building types include houses, cabins, churches, schools, train stations, theatres, and mail boxes.
Photographs were taken in all of Peel's townships.
Beck's photos of residences in Brampton include structures on Alexander Street, Centre Street, Church Street, David Street, Elizabeth Street, Ellen Street, John Street, Joseph Street, Isabella Street, Lynch Street, Malvern Court, Main Street North, Maple Street, Market Street, Mill Street, Nelson Street, Rosedale Street, Thomas Street, Queen Street, Vodden Street, Wellington Street.
Ontario locations outside of Peel appear in a variety of files. Known villages and townships include Acton, Arthur, Balsam Lake, Beeton, Belwood, Blue Mountain, Chesley, Clarksburg, Collingwood, Collingwood Township, Egremont Township, Elmwood, Eramosa Township, Erin Township, Essa Township, Glen Williams, Goderich, Grand Valley, Grey County, Guelph, Hamilton, Harriston, Hillsburg, Hope Township, Hornings Mills, King City, Lavender, Lloydtown, Maple, Markdale, Meaford, Melancthon, Milton, Mono Township, Mount Forest, Mulmur Township, Nassagaweya Township, Nelson Township, Neustad, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Norval, Oakville, Orangeville, Orillia, Ospringe, Paisley, Palmyra, Perrytown, Port Perry, Relessey, Stratford, Swinton Park, Toronto, Trafalgar Township, Uptergrove, Uxbridge Township, Weston, West Montrose, Whitfield, and Woodbridge.
Fonds consists of graphic and textual records created and collected by Robertson Matthews as well as other family members. The fonds has been arranged in series determined by subject and form of record. Series include photographs, correspondence, diaries, engineering records, literary records, personal records, Matthews family legal records and Matthew H. Matthews records.
Matthews, Robertson, 1880 - 1972
This fonds consists of administrative, financial, and judicial records documenting the operation of the Town of Copper Cliff.
Town of Copper Cliff