Sub-series consists of miscellaneous records created and collected by the Office of the President.
File 2.30.1 contains the following items:
- Letters from the Director, Venereal Disease Control to TGH Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent, Medical re: TGH Special Treatment (Venereal Disease) Clinic, December 1943-February 1944
- Letter from TGH Physician-in-Chief to TGH Assistant Superintendent, Medical re: payment of honoraria to clinicians in TGH Special Treatment Clinic, March 1944
- Memoranda from TGH Assistant Superintendent, Medical to TGH Assistant Superintendent, Administrative re: payment of honoraria to clinicians in TGH Special Treatment Clinic, May 1946-April 1947
- Memorandum from TGH Assistant Superintendent, Administrative to Chairman, TGH Board of Trustees re: Province of Ontario grant to doctors serving in venereal disease clinics, February 1947
- Schedule of TGH Receipts and Disbursements of province of Ontario grant re: Venereal Disease clinics July 1, 1942-June 30, 1947
- Letter from Administrator, Wellesley Hospital to Chairman, TGH Board of Trustees re: oversight in auditor’s statement, May 1948
- Clarkson, Gordon & Co., Accountants, Financial Statements of TGH for year ended December 31st 1947
- List of TGH employees as at September 30, 1947, with marital status, job title, salary, dates of employment and birth
- [Superintendent’s?] memorandum of interviews with Dr. K.G. McKenzie re: proposed combined Neurological Division, April 1946
- Letter from Dr. K.G. McKenzie to Chairman, TGH Board of Trustees re: proposed improvements in Neurological Service, March 1947
- Letter from Dr. K.G. McKenzie to TGH Surgeon-in-Chief re: plan for expansion and improvement of the Division of Neurosurgery, September 1947
- Agreement between the Wellesley Hospital and Dr. K.P. Bonner re: radiology service, June 1947
- Copy of letter from Administrator, Wellesley Hospital to Chairman, Board of Trustees, Wellesley Hospital re: various issues of administration, May 1948
- Memorandum from TGH Assistant Superintendent, Administrative to TGH Superintendent re: fees and collections for Out-Patients’ Department, December 1947
- Letter from Mathers & Haldenby, Architects re: enclosing balconies on TGH buildings, May 1947
- Memorandum from TGH Assistant Superintendent, Administrative to TGH Superintendent re: expected retirement of certain employees, October 1948
File 2.30.2 contains the following items:
- List of committees of Medical Advisory Board, with Chairman and members, September 1950
- List of Heads of Medical Clinic, Out-Patient Department 1905-April 1950
- Out-Patient Clinic attendance statistics January 1 to August 31, 1949
- Out-Patient Clinic attendance statistics January 1 to August 31, 1950
- List of members of Joint Hospitals Relations Committee, 1949
- List of resident surgeons and Ward C senior surgeons during Dr. Norman Shenstone’s tenure as Head of Ward C Service in surgery, July 1 1922 to June 30, 1946
- Nurses’ Registration Act, R.S.O. 1937, c. 230
- TGH surgical residents 1921-1928
- Notes on history of the TGH and the Wellesley Division of the TGH, October 1949
- Agreement between the Board of Governors, University of Western Ontario and the Board of Trustees of Victoria Hospital and the Corporation of the City of London, December 1949
- Excerpts from minutes of [TGH Board of Trustees?] re: TGH Dental Clinic 1922-1947
- Instructions to Internes re: Coroner’s Cases [194?]
- General Regulations for the Guidance of Internes [194?]
- Memorandum of Agreement made between the Trustees of the TGH, the Chief Coroner, the Crown Attorney and the Chief Constable, with Extracts taken from the Coroner’s Act, for the Guidance of House Physicians [194?]
- Allocation of Public Beds, Wellesley Hospital, July 1949
- Staff and salaries of Department of Pathology and Bacteriology, July 1949
- Operating room fees, September 1949
- Charges to public ward patients for routine drug and laboratory services, April 1950
- Letter from Ontario Deputy Minister of Health to TGH Superintendent re: alterations to second floor, South Wing, Wellesley Division of the TGH, October 1949
- Superintendent’s correspondence with H.H. Angus and Associates Ltd., Consulting Engineers re: TGH Power House, June 1948-April 1949
- Letter from Comptroller, University of Toronto to Chairman, TGH Board of Trustees re: steam for new Charles H. Best Institute from TGH Power Plant, October 1949
- Copy of letter from Karel R. Rybka, Consulting Engineer, to Rosenberg & Smith, Barristers re: arrangements for TGH to undertake incineration of waste from Mount Sinai Hospital, September 1949
- Draft versions of Notice of proposed Change of By-Law Respecting the TGH Medical Staff to the Board of Governors of the University of Toronto, 1949
- List of staff doctors 1949-1950
- List of staff doctors 1950-1951
File 2.30.3 contains the following items:
- Revenue and Expense Statement
- Statement of Operating Revenue [for all Hospital departments]
- Statement of Departmental Expense [for all Hospital departments]
- Balance Sheet
- Statement of Departmental Expense - Department of Radiology
- Statement of Departmental Operating Revenue - Department of Radiology
File 2.30.4 contains the following items:
- Outline of the Administration of the TGH (with special reference to the Professional Service)
- Duties of the Assistant Superintendent, Medical
- Relation of the Superintendent of nurses to the Administration in various hospitals
- Notes on strategies for dealing with deficits in various hospitals
- Charts outlining proposed changes to the administrative organization of the TGH
File 2.30.6 includes the contents of a notebook found in Mr. R.W. Longmore’s desk following his retirement in 1957.
File 2.30.8 contains documents concerning the TGH’s sale of 514 Jarvis St. and the expropriation and demolition of 496 Sherbourne St., including correspondence, legislative orders-in-council, By-Laws, offers of sale and expropriation notices.
File 2.30.10 contains a copy of an unpublished typescript “The Life and Times of Dr. Christopher Widmer” by Dr. W.A. McFall, and related correspondence 1959-1962; and correspondence re: cleaning the TGH portrait of Dr. Widmer, 1954.
File 2.30.11 contains a pamphlet used in promoting the TGH Building Fund Campaign 1927-1933.
File 2.30.12 contains the following items:
- Summary of conditions of employment at TGH April 1938-December 1944
- Schedule of Employee Classifications and Salaries at TGH, January 1949
- Statement of Employee Classifications and Salaries at other Toronto and regional hospitals, May 1949
- Table of Wage Rates, 1947
- Schedule of Bi-Weekly Wage Rates, [194?]
- Schedule of Proposed Changes in Basic Wage Scales, draft and corrected versions [194?; before 1947]
- Collective Agreement between TGH and the Building Service Employees’ International Union, 1945
- Schedule of Basic Wage Changes at TGH 1932-1946
- Recommendations re: wage changes in Nursing Department by Mary E. Macfarland, Superintendent of Nurses, July 1946
- Comparative Pay Roll Summary March 1939-March 1945, showing salary increases
File 2.30.13 contains the following items:
- Summary of Analysis
- Analysis of Revenue
- Analysis of Operating Expenses
- Analysis of Salaries
- Analysis of Operating Expenses, Private Operating Rooms and Labour Rooms
File 2.30.16 contains statistics re: patient management at the TGH 1926-1966 [predominant 1964-1966], including daily census/ bed capacity figures; admission and discharge statistics; charts showing average length of patient stay, classified by medical department.
File 2.30.17 contains photographic clippings pasted in a notebook, including pictures of TGH buildings and staff. Many materials appear to relate to the history of professional nursing and nursing education at the TGH.
File 2.30.18 contains correspondence re: the Pathology Building, the Dunlap Building and the Banting Institute; the TGH Department of pathology; and a proposed autopsy service at TGH.
File 2.30.21 includes cancelled cheques, invoices and receipts documenting Hospital purchases of goods and services from various suppliers, 1918.
File 2.30.26 contains a copy of a special issue of Construction devoted to the new College St. site of the TGH, 1913, including photographs and architectural drawings.
File 2.30.36 includes announcement of retirement of Mary E. Macfarland as Director of Nursing and appointment of Jean Dodds as Acting Director of Nursing, ; press clippings re: Miss Macfarland, 1960; and notice of appointment of Eileen Strike as Director of Nursing Service, 1971.
File 2.30.41 contains a register of TGH properties under rent [195?], prepared by the TGH Property and Endowment Department and maintained by the Office of the Superintendent. The register includes annotated plates from a City of Toronto atlas showing TGH properties under rent and accompanying textual descriptions of each property, including surveyed dimensions, nature of existing structure(s), terms and conditions of lease etc.
Toronto General Hospital. Office of the President