All material in this series relates to Woodbridge : printer's plates depict Implement Day, 1900, the Village Council, 1886, and 1960, the Memorial Tower, the Woodbridge corporate seal, maps of the village, 1870, and 1960. Prints depict W.H. Young, Clerk of the Village of Woodbridge, a gasoline threshing engine, 1912, and a farm equipment retail outlet.
Woodbridge Agricultural Society (Woodbridge, Ont.)
Site plan of property of Benjamin Thorne and William Parsons, his brother-in-law, who operated grist mill, tannery, general store in area that came to be known as Thornhill and developed extensive trade with surrounding areas and Britain. The property was lost in 1848 as consequence of repeal of the protectionist Corn Laws in 1846. Asurvey of property, including part of lot 30, as well as lots 31 and 32, concession 1, ordered by trustees.
Fire insurance plan of the Police Village of Maple : indicates owners of structures, building materials utilized, presence of fire walls, boilers, watermains, hydrants, fire alarm boxes, disposition of thoroughfares, rail lines, etc
Series contains correspondence, deeds, photographs, and newspaper articles about Mount Hope Motherhouse in London, Ontario before its purchase and while it was operating. Earliest records include a report card from 1868, a letter dated 1869, and an original deed of land dated 1883. Records from the late 1920s to 1960s include original newsclippings. Many of the records are undated photographs, photocopies, or typed histories and biographies. The latest record dated 2005 is email correspondence.
This series consists of contracts, deeds, plans, and newspaper clippings relating to Hellmuth College from 1866-1952. There is a general history and photographs of Hellmuth College. The series includes photographs of the Chapel and Motherhouse. The series contains a description of the layout of the Orphanage as well as information regarding the day-to-day routines. The series also contains notes on the process of purchasing the Mills property and written summaries of ecclesiastical events such as the Eucharistic Congress at Mount St. Joseph in July, 1923 and the visit of Cardinal Villeneuve in 1934. There are also special issues of the Western Gazette and magazine and newspaper articles, including a biography of Bishop Hellmuth, and the building of the new Motherhouse.
Collection contains a variety of maps, plans, and drawings pertaining to the Town and Township of Whitby. Maps have been physically arranged according to map type, including Street and Tourism, Physical, Political, Transit, Historical, and Architectural Drawings.