Howard Eaton United Church (Trout Mills, Ont.)

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Howard Eaton United Church (Trout Mills, Ont.)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1953-1974

History

Howard Eaton United Church in Trout Mills on Highway 63 was established in 1953. In 1958, a church building was dedicated. It formed part of its own pastoral charge with Feronia and Phelps until the late 1950s when it became a two-part charge with Omond Memorial United Church in North Bay. It would later become a two-point charge with Pinewood United Church in North Bay. The congregation closed ca. 1974.

Pinewood United Church was established in 1961; it closed in 1972

Champlain Trail Larger Parish was formed in 1971 and included Howard Eaton United Church in Trout Mills, St. Andrews-in-the-Pines United Church in Mattawa, Omond Memorial United Church in North Bay, Mount Pleasant Church in Rutherglen; it was discontinued in 1973.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

ON00340

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Revised

Level of detail

Full

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places