Title and statement of responsibility area
Holy Trinity Church (Anglican), Pembroke, Ontario fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA ON00006 2 P37545&6P P
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
1.6 m of textual records 8 photographs : b&w and col. Parish and service registers fragile.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The first services in Pembroke were held in 1855 in a rented hall called "The Chapel." Nine years later, the site for Holy Trinity Church was deeded by Peter White to the Diocese of Ontario. The cornerstone of the church was laid on August 4, 1864. Due to changes in the civic population, a new church had to be built. On June 30, 1925, the cornerstone for the second Holy Trinity Church was laid and in 1926 the old Holy Trinity Church building was secularized. The new church was consecrated on January 17, 1944 by Bishop Robert Jefferson. By 1998, a new elevator was installed and roof work was done.
Scope and content
Fonds consists of records of the activities of Holy Trinity Church congregation in Pembroke, Ontario. It includes parish registers, 1854-1986, vestry records, c1879-1988, service registers, 1907-1995, records of committees and organizations including parish council, financial records, property records, special services and events material, correspondence, historiography, a guest book, service bulletins, newsclippings, lists of parishioners, and photographs.
Immediate source of acquisition
Donated at various times by clergy, parish officers, parishioners, and staff of Holy Trinity Church, Pembroke.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Parish registers after 1930 available only to family members.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Photocopying of original registers is not permitted. Use of records for publication, either whole or in part, requires permission of the archivist.
Index to parish registers. Database available for index to parish registers. Index for other parish records. "Guide to the Holdings of the Ecclesiastical Province of Ontario"
Further accruals are expected.
Most photographs are encapsulated. Bound photocopy of 1930-1961 parish register on acid-free paper.
Parish history in "Roots & Wings" by Beth Somerville and Peggy McLeod, published c1988.