File 2008.3.1.7 - "Help Port Hope Build" Campaign

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

"Help Port Hope Build" Campaign

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

File

Repository

Reference code

CA ON00154 2000.9-2008.3.1.7

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1958-1963 (Creation)
    Creator
    Port Hope & District Hospital
    Place
    Port Hope, Municipality of

Physical description area

Physical description

0.01m textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1911-2000)

Administrative history

The Port Hope Hospital was first established in the two story brick house formerly belonging to the McLean family, at the corner of Hope and Ward Streets. In 1915, plans were underway to build the new hospital, with the cornerstone being laid on October 8, 1915. The official opening of the new hospital was held on June 29, 1916. The building cost $31,500 to build, only $2000 had to be borrowed. The nurses training school was established soon after its opening. In 1929, the west wing of the hospital was completed, providing 25 additional beds, X-ray and laundry room. A new hospital opened in the 1960s, and merged with the Cobourg hospital to create the new Northumberland Hills (located in Cobourg) in 1999-2000.

Custodial history

Donated to the Port Hope Archives by the Northumberland Hills Healthcare Centre, 2008. Register packed with Port Hope Hospital items and was found in Cobourg.

Scope and content

File consists of the plans for the Port Hope & District Hospital campaign, 1958-1963. It includes: Official Opening Program, 1965; brochures and a magazine article. Also, details related to the building of a new modern hospital, requiring $450,000. The hospital was completed in 1964 and the official opening was held in 1965.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area