Fonds AFC 80 - Hackett Loyal Orange Lodge #805 fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Hackett Loyal Orange Lodge #805 fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA ON00353 AFC 80

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1878-1974 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

14 volumes of textual records 2 banners

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

London, Ontario’s Hackett Loyal Orange Lodge #805 originated in Goderich, Ontario. Founded January 12, 1857, Goderich Loyal Orange Lodge #805 was transferred to London East in May, 1878. The lodge charter was received, and the first meeting held, on May 23 of that year. The lodge was named after Thomas Lett Hackett, a young Orangeman murdered during the annual July 12 celebrations in Montreal in 1877. The inaugural officers of Hackett Lodge were: Bro. John Day – Worshipful Master Bro. Evans – Deputy Master Bro. James Burns – Secretary Bro. Lavery – Treasurer Hackett Loyal Orange Lodge #805 began as a benefit lodge; members were offered health insurance and funeral benefits for additional fees. The lodge changed to a regular Orange Lodge in December, 1934. Early meetings were held at 402 ½ Richmond Street. Meetings were then held at the London East Hall (on Adelaide Street north of St. James Street) until 1914, when the membership moved to the Orange Hall above the Ontario Loan and Debenture Company (the corner of Dundas Street and Market Lane.) In 1924, meetings were moved to the Ulster Hall above the City Gas Company at the corner of Dundas and Clarence Streets, and in 1928 the Lodge moved to 388 Clarence Street. Hackett Lodge founded a fife and drum band in 1915, and a brass band was established in 1922. Hackett Lodge is one of the few London area lodges that is still in operation today.

Name of creator

Administrative history

Custodial history

Scope and content

This fonds contains minutes of meetings, financial records, membership lists, and promotional banners for Hackett Loyal Orange Lodge #805. Fonds is comprised of the following series: Minutes of meetings Dues records Membership roster Banners

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Donated by the London Orange Hall Board on July 10, 2001.

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

No restrictions on access.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Associated materials

Copies of annual returns for this lodge are available in the District #1 Loyal Orange Lodge London Ontario fonds. For more information, please see AFC 99.

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres