Go to GPL Archives archival records search
Go to GPL Archives digital image search
Tip: To search phrases, use quotation marks (example: "city hall")
Copyright and Conditions for Use of Guelph Public Library Archives Digital Images:
Browse list of fonds in GPL Archives
- All image copies are provided for research and private study use only. If researchers intend to publish, display, or exhibit these images in any public manner (including web display) they must first receive permission from the Guelph Public Library Archives.
- Permission will be granted for one time use only and is not transferable to other projects or individuals.
- The Guelph Public Library Archives may not hold copyright for every image available on this web site and accepts no responsibility for the violation of any intellectual property or personal privacy rights. Researchers are responsible for obtaining all necessary copyright permissions.
- The Guelph Public Library Archives will provide any information that it has to assist the researcher in determining the copyright owner.
- Researchers must cite the Guelph Public Library Archives for every image used. The reference code of the image must also be cited in full. If the image is manipulated in any way (i.e. cropped, colour changed, etc.) this must also be indicated.
- Researchers must forward a complimentary copy of any work that uses Guelph Public Library Archives images to the Guelph Public Library Archives at the time of publication.
A "fonds" consists of archival records that have accumulated as the by-product of the business or day-to-day activities of a person or organization.
Browse list of collections in GPL Archives
A "collection" consists of archival records that have been assembled around a common theme.