Série TW 7 - Grace Hospital records

Zona do título e menção de responsabilidade

Título próprio

Grace Hospital records

Designação geral do material

  • Documento textual
  • Material gráfico

Título paralelo

Outra informação do título

Título e menções de responsabilidade

Notas ao título

  • Source of title proper: Title is based on contents of series.

Nível de descrição

Série

Código de referência

CA ON00343 TW fonds-TW 7

Zona de edição

Menção de edição

Menção de responsabilidade da edição

Zona de detalhes específicos de materiais

Menção da escala (cartográfica)

Menção da projecção (cartográfica)

Menção das coordenadas (cartográfico)

Menção da escala (arquitectura)

Autoridade emissora e denominação (filatélica)

Zona de datas de criação

Data(s)

  • 1926-1936 (Produção)
    Produtor
    Toronto Western Hospital. Grace Division
  • 1902-1926 (Produção)
    Produtor
    Grace Hospital (Toronto, Ont.)
  • 1893-1902 (Produção)
    Produtor
    Grace Hospital (Homeopathic)
  • 1890-1936, 1985 (Acumulação)
    Accumulator
    Toronto Western Hospital
  • 1890-1893 (Produção)
    Produtor
    Toronto Homeopathic Hospital
  • 1890-1926 (Acumulação)
    Accumulator
    Grace Hospital (Toronto, Ont.)
  • 1890-1936 (Produção)

Zona de descrição física

Descrição física

30.5 cm of textual records and photographs.

Zona dos editores das publicações

Título próprio do recurso continuado

Títulos paralelos das publicações do editor

Outra informação do título das publicações do editor

Menção de responsabilidade relativa ao editor do recurso contínuo

Numeração das publicações do editor

Nota sobre as publicações do editor

Zona da descrição do arquivo

Nome do produtor

(1890-1893)

História administrativa

On January 17, 1890, the Toronto Homeopathic Hospital (also known as the Toronto Homeopathic Hospital and Free Dispensary Association) opened with 11 beds at the corner of Richmond and Duncan streets, later moving to Shuter and Jarvis Streets. In 1890 they also established a Training School for Nurses. The Toronto Homeopathic Hospital had been incorporated under the “Act respecting Benevolent, Provident and other Societies.” In their Constitution, the affairs of the Hospital were under the direction and control of a Board of Managers of at least 20 members of whom at least 12 were to be women. The Board of Managers (also known as the Board of Management) was to be elected annually. The first President of the Board was Sir Adam Wilson, followed by Judge J.E. McDougall in 1892.

The first homeopathic practitioners to be associated with the Hospital were: J. Adams, M.D.; D.J. Oliphant, M.D.; Wm. Howitt, M.D.; Jno. B. Hall, M.D.; Richard Hearn, M.D.; W.H. Oliphant, M.B.; Edward Adams, M.D.; W.J. Hunter Emory, M.D.; J.D. Tyrrell, M.D.; A.B. Eadie, M.D.; D. Ogden Jones, M.D.; J.N. Anderson, M.D.; Overton F. Macdonald, M.D.; Edward Hartley Robinson, M.D.

Nome do produtor

(1893-1902)

História administrativa

In 1893 the Toronto Homeopathic Hospital moved to Huron and College Streets and was incorporated by a special Act of the Ontario Legislature on April 26, 1893 under the new name of Grace Hospital (Homeopathic). The Act was assented to on May 27, 1893. According to the new Act of Incorporation there were to be five Trustees: Judge Joseph Easton McDougall, Frederic Roper, William Barclay McMurrich, John D. Nasmith, and Edward Gurney. The Trustees were to elect annually a Chairman from among them. There was also to be a Board of Management to assist with the work of the Hospital. The Board of Management was to consist of no more than 30 “ladies” appointed by the Trustees to assist in the “domestic needs of the Institution”. In December 1894 the By-Laws of the Hospital were amended such that the Chairman of the Board of Trustees became the ex-officio President of the Board of Management and the Board of Management now consisted of both men and women.

In 1899 several allopathic physicians were appointed to the Hospital but maintained separate services.

Judge J.E. McDougall served as Chairman of the Board.

Nome do produtor

(1902-1926)

História administrativa

In February 1902 an amended Act was passed changing the name of the Grace Hospital (Homeopathic) to Grace Hospital. This amended Act was assented to on March 17, 1902. In addition to the change in name, the Act to Amend the Act to Incorporate Grace Hospital (Homeopathic) indicated that the five Trustees of the Hospital could appoint up to an additional eight Trustees such that the Board would have a minimum of five and a maximum of 13 members. The Board of Trustees was now to be known as a Board of Governors. Judge J.E. McDougall continued as Chairman until his death in 1903. Edward Gurney succeeded him as Chairman.

In March 1926 Grace Hospital amalgamated with the Toronto Western Hospital.

Nome do produtor

(1926-1936)

História administrativa

The Grace Division of the Toronto Western Hospital was the result of the amalgamation of Grace Hospital with the Toronto Western Hospital In March 1926. In 1936 the activities at the Grace Division fully amalgamated on the property of the Toronto Western Hospital and the Grace Division was closed. At that point the name "Grace Hospital" was released for use by another institution.

História custodial

Âmbito e conteúdo

This series consists of records created or maintained by the Grace Hospital and its predecessor, the Toronto Homeopathic Hospital, and of miscellaneous photographs of Grace Hospital staff, buildings, and facilities.

The series is divided into six sub-series:
TW 7-1 Annual Reports
TW 7-2 Treasurer's accounts journal and correspondence
TW 7-3 Women's Auxiliary records
TW 7-4 Grace Hospital Training School For Nurses records
TW 7-5 Photographs
TW 7-6 History

Zona das notas

Condição física

Fonte imediata de aquisição

Organização

Idioma do material

Script do material

Localização de originais

Disponibilidade de outros formatos

Restrições de acesso

Access to records in this series is not restricted.

Termos que regulam o uso, reprodução e publicação

Instrumentos de descrição

Sub-series descriptions and file lists available.

Materiais associados

Associated material, Homoeopathic messenger [microform] : in connection with Grace Hospital. -- Toronto : [s.n., 1894-1897], can be found in the National Library Collection, CIHM/ICMH Microfiche series no. P05205 at Library and Archives Canada, Serials Stks - SMC-601-CIHM PO5205 - Copy 2 - 1-4no.6 1896-97.

For additional photographs of Grace Hospital staff, buildings and student nurses see Series 11, sub-series 11-6: School of Nursing Photographic Exhibit.

Materiais relacionados

Ingressos adicionais

No further accruals expected.

Identificador(es) alternativo(s)

Zona do número normalizado

Número normalizado

Pontos de acesso

Pontos de acesso - Assuntos

Pontos de acesso - Locais

Pontos de acesso - Nomes

Pontos de acesso de género

Zona do controlo

Descrição do identificador do registo

Identificador da instituição

University Health Network Archives

Regras ou convenções

Estatuto

Final

Nível de detalhe

Integral

Datas de criação, revisão ou eliminação

Last updated: February 2, 2015. Added to Archeion February 2, 2015.

Idioma da descrição

  • inglês

Script da descrição

Fontes

Zona da incorporação

Assuntos relacionados

Pessoas e organizações relacionadas

Locais relacionados

Géneros relacionados