Title and statement of responsibility area
Fisher's Corners Women's Institute
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
m of textual and other material
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The small community of Fisher’s Corners is situated five lots east of Highway Number 27 on the 9th concession of West Gwillimbury Township. Fisher’s Corners received its name from the fact that many years ago, approximately 1880, settlers by the name Fisher lived on or near all four corners. Fisher’s Corners Women’s Institute was organized at a meeting at the home of Mrs. George Atkins on July 22, 1921. There were sixty ladies in attendance at this meeting, a number being visitors from the Institute Branch at Coulson’s Hill. Fisher’s Corners Branch was organized by Miss Ethel Chapman, who had been sent out from the Department. The first president was Miss Marion Atkins, and due to her untiring efforts the institute soon began to flourish. Miss Olive Hounsome was the first secretary, Mrs. H. Sawdon was vice-president. Mrs. J.E. Loblaw and Mrs. Charles Wilson were directors and Mrs. W.J. Hounsome was the district Director.
Scope and content
Fonds consists of 3 microfilmed copies of Women's Institute Tweedsmuirs and two historic papers on Fisher's Corners and West Gwillimbury Township. No lower level arrangement has yet been done.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item list is available.
Further accruals are expected.
Tweedsmuir Histories are still in the possesion of the Fisher's Corners Women's Institute.