Title and statement of responsibility area
Ernest Stitt fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA ON00075 MG 101
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
1 cm of textual records 48 photographs
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
A. Ernest Stitt was a noted Ottawa paddler and hockey player. He competed for the Ottawa New Edinburgh Canoe Club and was a member of the crew that won the War Canoe Championship of Canada at Lachine in 1928. Active in City League hockey, Mr. Stitt was a member of the 1931/32 Ottawa All Star Hockey Club. The team played a 34-game schedule throughout Europe in 1931 finishing with a record of 32 wins and 2 ties. He also worked for the Ottawa Transportation Commission and by 1965, was the treasury officer for the OTC. He continued as such until the 1970's and retired by 1974 with his wife, Margaret.
Material was in custody of the donor until being accepted at the archives.
Scope and content
Fonds consists of correspondence and newspaper clippings, membership lists, and programs related to various Ottawa sports clubs, venues, and teams including: the Ottawa New Edinburgh Canoe Club's canoe crew and hockey team, the Ottawa Football Club, the Ottawa Auditorium, and the Ottawa Sports Hall of Fame. The photographs are of the New Edinburgh Rugby Football Club in 1913 and the Ottawa Commandos hockey team. Where possible, items have been arranged chronologically.
Immediate source of acquisition
Fonds was donated in 1977 by Ernest Stitt.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Reference copies of some photographs retrievable by subject.