Title and statement of responsibility area
Emmanuel Church (Anglican), Arnprior, Ontario fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA ON00006 2 E48&2 E5&6A A2&51 A5
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
107.5 cm of textual records 3 photographs : b&w and col. Parish and service registers fragile.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Monthly services were held in the Arnprior area as early as 1861. Emmanuel Church was built in 1869 and consecrated by Bishop J. Travers Lewis on November 26, 1884. By 1901, a spire and porch had been added and the basement deepened and drained. Renovations to the church and parsonage were undertaken in 1912. The 100th anniversary of Emmanuel Church, Arnprior was celebrated on October 22, 1961 at which time a combination parish hall and auxiliary rooms was built. Arnprior is a one-point parish.
Scope and content
Fonds consists of records of the activities of Emmanuel Church congregation in Arnprior, Ontario. It includes parish registers, 1861-1978, vestry records, 1905-1977, service registers, 1878-1993, records of committees and organizations, financial records, property records, special services and events material, historiography, service bulletins, list of parishioners, newsletters and photographs.
Immediate source of acquisition
Donated at various times by clergy, parish officers, parishioners, and staff of Emmanuel Church, Arnprior.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Parish registers after 1930 available only to family members.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Photocopying of original registers is not permitted. Use of records for publication, either whole or in part, requires permission of the archivist.
Index to parish registers. Database available for index to parish registers. Index for other parish records. "Guide to the Holdings of the Ecclesiastical Province of Ontario"
Further accruals are expected.
One photograph is encapsulated. Bound photocopy of 1868-1903 parish register on acid-free paper.