Fonds AFC 79 - Diamond Loyal Orange Lodge #965 fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Diamond Loyal Orange Lodge #965 fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description


Reference code

CA ON00353 AFC 79

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area


  • 1880-1888 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

1 volume of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

Diamond Loyal Orange Lodge #965 was originally founded in Wisbeach, Lambton East, on September 25, 1858. First transferred to Port Lambton, Lambton West in 1876, a new warrant was issued at New Brighton (London South), Westminster Township on January 10, 1880. Meetings were held in various halls and private homes. The inaugural officers were: Bro. John Oneil – Worshipful Master Bro. John Lore – Deputy Master Bro. William Finch – Secretary Bro. Freeman Hodgins – Treasurer Diamond Loyal Orange Lodge #965 ceased operations in January, 1888. The warrant was transferred to Caistor Township, Lincoln County, in November, 1890.

Name of creator

Administrative history

Custodial history

Scope and content

This series contains a minute book of Diamond Loyal Orange Lodge #965. Fonds is comprised of the following series: Minutes of meetings

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Purchased at an auction of the effects of the Orange Lodge building at 388 Clarence Street in June, 1975.


Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

No restrictions on access.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Associated materials

The documents of South London’s successor lodge, Beaver Loyal Orange Lodge #2101, are available at Western Archives. For more information, please see AFC 90.

Related materials


Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions


Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description


Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres