Series TG 13 - Department of Rehabilitation and Physical Medicine records

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Department of Rehabilitation and Physical Medicine records

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title is based on contents of series.

Level of description

Series

Reference code

CA ON00343 TG fonds-TG 13

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • [before 1974] (Creation)
    Creator
    Toronto General Hospital. Department of Rehabilitation and Physical Medicine

Physical description area

Physical description

4 cm of textual records.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

([1950?]-1986)

Administrative history

The Department of Rehabilitation and Physical Medicine was established in [1950?], and was responsible for conducting research and providing treatment to assist patients recovering from physical injury and disease. During the 1950s the Department comprised two divisions: Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy. By 1984 the Department encompassed four divisions - Physiatry, Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapy, and Physiotherapy - and was also responsible for administering the Cardiovascular Rehabilitation Programme, receiving patients referred from the Division of Cardiovascular Surgery. Dr. W.J. Gardiner [1950?]-1968, and Dr.W.O. Geisler [1969 -?] served as Directors of the Department. Following the 1986 merger with the Toronto Western Hospital to form The Toronto Hospital the Department was administratively subsumed by TTH Department of Rehabilitation Medicine.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Series consists of instructions to patients for performing rehabilitative exercises; sample blank forms used by the Department in testing patients for diagnostic purposes and in documenting patients’ treatments; blank forms and instruction sheets used in documenting and evaluating the employment activities of Department personnel; and miscellaneous materials (chiefly sample blank forms) used in conducting the daily business of the Department.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

The records in this series were transferred to the Archives in February 1988 by the Manager of the Physiotherapy Division of the Department of Rehabilitation Medicine.

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

File list is available.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

University Health Network Archives

Rules or conventions

Status

Final

Level of detail

Full

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Last Updated: March 26, 2013. Added to Archeion March 27, 2013.

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area