Christ Church (Moulinette, Ont.)

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Christ Church (Moulinette, Ont.)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Services in Moulinette were held in private homes and school buildings as early as 1830. In 1836, Adam Dixon gave land for a church and graveyard and helped build Christ Church, Moulinette. Christ Church was enlarged and improved in 1902 by the addition of a spacious Chancel area. St. George's Hall, Milles Roches was purchased in 1925 by Christ Church for purposes relevant to work in the village. In 1931, A tract of land was donated by the Snetsinger Estate for cemetery purposes. The 120th anniversary of Christ Church was celebrated in 1956. As a result of the St. Lawrence Seaway and Hydro Project, Christ Church, Moulinette was replaced by Christ Church in the new town of Long Sault. The old church was secularized by Bishop Ernest Reed on June 24, 1957 and moved to Upper Canada Village where it is preserved as an example of early Canadian church architecture.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC