Title and statement of responsibility area
Christ Church (Anglican), Moulinette, Ontario fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA ON00006 6S M1&16 10 07&51 M3
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
58.5 cm of textual records 12 photographs : b&w 1 postcard : col. 1 architectural drawing Parish and service registers fragile.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Services in Moulinette were held in private homes and school buildings as early as 1830. In 1836, Adam Dixon gave land for a church and graveyard and helped build Christ Church, Moulinette. Christ Church was enlarged and improved in 1902 by the addition of a spacious Chancel area. St. George's Hall, Milles Roches was purchased in 1925 by Christ Church for purposes relevant to work in the village. In 1931, A tract of land was donated by the Snetsinger Estate for cemetery purposes. The 120th anniversary of Christ Church was celebrated in 1956. As a result of the St. Lawrence Seaway and Hydro Project, Christ Church, Moulinette was replaced by Christ Church in the new town of Long Sault. The old church was secularized by Bishop Ernest Reed on June 24, 1957 and moved to Upper Canada Village where it is preserved as an example of early Canadian church architecture.
Scope and content
Fonds consists of records of the activities of Christ Church congregation in Moulinette, Ontario. It includes parish registers, 1852-1960, vestry records, 1867-1961, service registers, 1914-1932, records of committees and organizations, financial records, property records, correspondence, historiography, newsclippings, a list of parishioners, special collections, photographs, a postcard, and an architectural drawing.
Immediate source of acquisition
Donated at various times by clergy, parish officers, parishioners, and staff of Christ Church, Moulinette.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Parish registers after 1930 available only to family members.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Photocopying of original registers is not permitted. Use of records for publication, either whole or in part, requires permission of the archivist.
Index to parish registers. Database available for index to parish registers. Index for other parish records. Architectural records finding aid. "Guide to the Holdings of the Ecclesiastical Province of Ontario"
No further accruals are expected.
Bound photocopies of 1852-1914 and 1874-1889 parish registers on acid-free paper.