Title and statement of responsibility area
Christ Church (Anglican), Douglas, Ontario fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA ON00006 6P D3
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
3 cm of textual records
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The first Christ Church, Douglas was built in 1862 and was shared by Anglicans and Presbyterians. The deed to the church was granted to the Bishop of Ontario on May 19, 1864. In 1922, the first Christ Church was taken down and the foundation of the new church was laid. The second Christ Church, Douglas was consecrated by Bishop John Charles Roper on November 1, 1934. In 1965, the congregations of Christ Church, Douglas and All Saints, Scotch Bush amalgamated. On September 11, 1971, the church was secularized by Bishop William J. Robinson and in 1973, the building and property were sold.
Scope and content
Fonds consists of records of the activities of Christ Church congregation in Douglas, Ontario. It includes property records, special services and events material, historiography, and newsclippings.
Immediate source of acquisition
Donated at various times by clergy, parish officers, parishioners, and staff of Christ Church, Douglas.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Use of records for publication, either whole or in part, requires permission of the archivist.
Index for parish records. "Guide to the Holdings of the Ecclesiastical Province of Ontario"
No further accruals are expected.
Parish history in "Roots & Wings" by Beth Somerville and Peggy McLeod, published c1988.
The parish registers for this congregation are with the Parish of Beachburg-Cobden.