Title and statement of responsibility area
Christ Church (Anglican), 3rd Line/Huntley, Ontario fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
26 cm of textual records 8 photographs : b&w and col. Service registers fragile.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Services in Huntley were held as early as 1825. Christ Church is thought to have been built in November 1838 on land donated by Mr. John Cavanagh for a church and burial ground. A fire destroyed the rectory and church fencing in 1870, leaving the stone church untouched. An addition to the burial ground was made in 1918 and was consecrated on July 8, 1919 by Bishop John Charles Roper. The church was redecorated for the centenary celebrations in 1938. Bishop E.S. Reed dedicated a new parish hall in October of 1962. The Memorial Extension to the church was dedicated by Bishop William James Robinson on May 13, 1973. In 1988, the 150th anniversary was marked. The Parish of Huntley is comprised of Christ Church, 3rd Line/Huntley, St. John's, 6th Line/Huntley, and St. James', Carp.
Scope and content
Fonds consists of records of the activities of Christ Church congregation, 3rd Line/Huntley, Ontario. It includes vestry records, 1839-1993, service registers, 1937-1989, records for committees and organizations, financial records, special services and events material, correspondence, historiography, guest books, newsclippings, and photographs. Includes some records for St. James', Carp and St. John's, 6th Line/Huntley.
Immediate source of acquisition
Donated at various times by clergy, parish officers, parishioners, and staff of Christ Church, 3rd Line/Huntley.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Use of records for publication, either whole or in part, requires permission of the archivist.
Index for parish records. "Guide to the Holdings of the Ecclesiastical Province of Ontario"
Further accruals are expected.
Some photographs are encapsulated.
Parish history published in 1987.
The parish registers for this congregation are with the Parish of Huntley.